What are my options

<p>I am a good student that got rejected from uci but probably would have gotten in if i appealed but I ended up going to irvine valley college.
My question is am I pretty much screwed?
I have 5 ap passes (physics and spanish didn’t go so well)
so right now my aps that I passed and their scores are
Psych 5 USAP 4 Bio 4 Gov 3 Econ 4. this gives me about a year of credit so I will only be doing this summer fall and spring semesters at IVC
as a high school student I took JA1 and 2 at ivc as a personal ambition but I was busy with 4 ap classes and sports so I didn’t do as well as i should have.
I got a C in ja1 and an f in JA 2 is there any way to not have those factor into my gpa?
If I have to I will retake JA2
Here is where my problem starts. Because I only have to take about 9 classes these grades will be weighed twice as heavy as everyone else.
I am taking Wr1 in this summer semester and I will likely get a B (I can get an a in wr2 im sure im just getting used to this and its the summer which makes it harder)
and a music class which will probably be an A
I’ll try to get A’s in everything else but considering anything less than an A will hit my gpa harder than other people will UCI take special consideration of this when I apply for transfer?
I’ll have around a 3.6+
I feel like a 3.6 wont be enough to give me a very very very good chance of getting in and id need like a 3.9 which is impossible considering how heavy just one grade will be weighed on my transcript
but unfortunately if they are going to see my gpa by the end of fall even with all A’s it will only be a 3.2 because of the japanese classes i took for my own personal goal. so I have no idea what to do. Theres academic renewal but it has to be three years ago but if i talk to the dean it might be possible? idk</p>

<p>A 3.6 Transfer GPA is not as bad as you think, its actually quite good. You should talk to a IVC Counciler to ask about retaking classes. You should be able to. Goodluck with everything!</p>

<p>If you end up getting a high enough GPA, you should apply to some other UCs: LA, SD, and B</p>