What are my UC Chances?

<p>Hey guys :)</p>

<p>I know there’s a LOT of posts like this out there, and I appreciate the time that you’re taking to help me out :D</p>

<p>BACKGROUND

1. My parents are Indian, and I was born and brought up in Seattle.
  2. I moved to India in 8th grade and have stayed here ever since (I’m graduating next year- hooray!)</p>

<p>GRADES
I don’t really know how to calculate my GPA accurately because </p>

<p>Oh, I’m so sorry, I forgot to mention what I want to major in :
Major in Computer Science, Minor in Pre-med</p>

<p>bump10char
And correct me if I’m wrong but I thought the UCs don’t take into account letters of rec.</p>

<p>yea they don’t care about teacher recs. assuming your gpa is around 3.7 unweighted, and a 2200 SAT score, i think you have a good chance at davis and irvine only. ucsd and ucla are reaches, since computer science is impacted at those 2 colleges!</p>

<p>I think Tigerrash is right on. How about adding UCSB and SC to your list. You may also want to apply to CalPoly SLO as well. They have a great hands on program.</p>

<p>Your stats are really similar to mine (same-ish grades and my SAT score was slightly higher than your second try) and we have a really similar background - I moved to the country I applied to college from when I was in 4th grade. So I know how you feel.</p>

<p>I go to Berkeley and although that’s not in your list of colleges, I did get accepted to all the UC’s, so I might be able to help you out.</p>

<p>Your chances of getting into those schools are pretty high and I wouldn’t be too worried. Especially if you retake the SAT for the third time and get an even higher score!</p>

<p>But remember, there are thousands of students with similar stats as yours who are applying to the UC’s and what’s really going to set you apart from the crowd is what you write in the essays.</p>

<p>Check out my blog where I explain how I wrote the essay for the first prompt, plus there are excerpts from my essay that might help you (I was interested in med too!)
[WHAT</a> I WROTE IN MY UC ESSAY PROMPT 1 | Breaching UC Berkeley](<a href=“http://berkeleybreach.■■■■■■■■■■■■■/2013/07/25/what-i-wrote-in-my-uc-essay-prompt-1/]WHAT”>http://berkeleybreach.■■■■■■■■■■■■■/2013/07/25/what-i-wrote-in-my-uc-essay-prompt-1/)</p>

<p>Good luck! :)</p>