What are the chances of being accepted after being "waitlisted"?

<p>Hey guys. This isn't for me (currently a TSU student) but for a friend trying to get in. He applied as a transfer student from San Antonio College with, admittedly, not the best grades/scores. He will be transferring with a 2.5 GPA (4.0 scale), 1350 SAT score, a letter of recommendation from a successful alumni, and 30+ credits. He applied around the first week of February and was waitlisted around on March 15th. He was told to wait and submit his current semester transcript at then end of this term. If he does not get in, he will go to Texas State (where he was already accepted). He is just started to worry about housing and doesn't want to be left with crap/expensive/far apartments if the acceptance process takes too long.</p>

<p>So, realistically, what are the chances of him getting in? Is there anything else he can do to help his situation? Should he start looking at housing in San Marcos just to be safe?</p>

<p>Let me know if there is any additional info that you need? Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Tell him to start looking for housing in San Marcos.</p>

<p>Jcflinn14. My daughter also has to submit her final transcript, she has 16 transferable hours with a 3.94 GPA. As you see she didn’t have enough hours. She is applied to The Liberal Arts College. We have kept in contact with admissions and made several visits. After spring grades she will have 35 transferable hours, all prerequisite to her major. We have already secured an apartment with room mates she knows. She signed an addendum that will release her by chance for some reason she still doesn’t get accepted. Your friend can contact Jon on Texags forum and ask him his chances. That is what we have done and he is very good. Good Luck!</p>

<p>I forgot to mention that he is a Technology Management Major. I believe that is in the Education Administration and Human Resource Development Department.</p>

<p>@Cmsparent - Thank you for responding. I’ll let my friend know about signing a possibly addendum to secure a spot for him. And I’ll refer him to the Texags forums as well. Thanks!</p>

<p>@izelkay‌ - That bad, huh? :/</p>

<p>2.5 what was he doing. No offense but if he has a 2.5 in a community college then a&m is not for him. The workload here is very tough, but feasible. </p>

<p>How do you get in contact with Jon on the Texags forums? </p>

<p>You go to the website TexAgs. Then General Forums. Then Academics. And there is the very first link that mentions all questions concerning admissions, click that and his info should be the first entry you see. His email is there. You can email him, that is best. The forum has lots of questions and answers already others have asked. Very helpful.</p>