What are the hardest courses in Nursing school of the whole 4 years getting a BSN degree?

I’m at the nearing end of my first semester freshman year now and I have found A&P 1 to a bit hard but all my other classes aren’t that hard. I just want to hear back from previous nursing school graduates on the opinions of what are the hardest classes in nursing school are and how I can prepare for them. How busy was the nursing school for you when you were in it especially during the professional years? I just want some opinions and advice moving forward.

At my daughter’s college, she said microbio was the hardest. However, it would vary by college and prof. Talk to some of the older students. If you find there is a particularly difficult class or a bad professor, it may be worth trying to take it over the summer at a different college, if they let you.

A friend of mine’s d described the nursing classes as “drinking from a fire hose,” and a colleague (nursing faculty) at my employer described the first semester of nursing classes with a phrase I’d get put behind cc “bars” for using in the forum. Yes, the prerequisite bio courses can be difficult and weed students out of the major, but the real hours of studying come with the nursing classes themselves, mostly because to of the sheer volume of information and because you are being taught to think in a very different way.

At my D’s college it’s Anatomy - which is on deck second semester Freshman year. But at least it’s out of the way prior to start of clinicals.

My D (freshman) is dreading O-Chem which starts in a few weeks. She struggled with general chemistry, but fortunately passed. She is a direct admin but needs to keep a certain GPA to keep her seat in the program.

Any wisdom or advice is most welcome!

My daughter goes to York College and word on the street is A&P – her professor though gave them a road to success map on how what and when to study over the course of the semester which was awesome.