What are the most/least impacted majors at UC Berkeley and UCLA?

<p>Right now I’m considering myself lucky since I don’t want to be an engineer, a doctor, or a businessperson – and it’s my understanding that majors pertaining to those careers are the most difficult to get admitted to.</p>

<p>I’m applying to Letters and Science, but I was wondering if there are any majors that are more or less impacted within L&S? I’ve also heard that Berkeley doesn’t allow undergrads to pick a major for L&S – so whatever you choose doesn’t matter. Is that true?</p>

<p>I was thinking of applying as a sociology major, but I’d also be interested in being an English lit major, a political science major – things like that (I want to be a journalist, I think). </p>

<p>Anyway, what are the least/most impacted majors at Berkeley and UCLA, and what are the least/most impacted majors within Letters and Science?</p>

<p>For Berkeley L&S, applicants’ intended major does not change selectivity for frosh admissions. All entering frosh in L&S enter as undeclared. L&S students declare their majors after completing the prerequisites. A few majors require a college GPA higher than the minimum to stay off of academic probation to declare (capped majors), but sociology, English literature, and political science are not among those majors; see [url=&lt;a href=“http://ls-advise.berkeley.edu/major/majorlist.html]Office”&gt;http://ls-advise.berkeley.edu/major/majorlist.html]Office</a> of Undergraduate Advising: List of Majors<a href=“%5Bcolor=red%5D#%5B/color%5D%20indicates%20the%20capped%20majors,%20although%20it%20seems%20to%20not%20be%20updated%20for%20the%20fact%20that%20computer%20science%20and%20statistics%20are%20now%20capped%20majors”>/url</a>.</p>

<p>Thank you!!</p>

<p>At UCLA they do not take your intended major into account if you are applying for a major in the College of Letters and Science. You are in the pool of all applicants to letters and science, not just those for your major.</p>

<p>College of Letters and Sciences at UCLA is supposedly (although controversial) the “easiest” college to get into, but like what mikemac said, you apply to the school and not to a specific major</p>

<p>Well, the film and television school at UCLA is rather impacted. I know they only accept about 30 people from the freshman applications for the film major.</p>