What are y'all doing for Spring Break?

<p>^^^OK! Who else?</p>

<p>And to be fair (and fun) we’d need to include any Bama grads and their families with CC connections, don’t you think (m2ck, momreads, et. al)?</p>

<p>Heading to sunny Bahamas! Cant’t wait to leave the cold far far behind.</p>

<p>malanai - wow this would be great kill two birds with one stone as youngest will also graduate from h.s. --oooops she finishes end of May. Guess it’ll be flip a coin as to who stays home DH or me, anyone got a two headed coin?</p>

<p>boo hooo…kids have places to go (Florida and Nicaragua), hubby is on a business trip for 2 weeks, and I’m just here with my dogs and cats…LOL</p>

<p>M2CK: Don’t feel bad. I’m teaching all week … and watching the youngest son run in a track meet. The older one can sleep until noon. Somehow, it does not seem fair.</p>

<p>what is a destination management company?</p>

<p>study for his GRE</p>

<p>Is he taking it now for University Scholars?</p>

<p>I am driving 9.5 hours home to who knows what kind of weather, studying and being bored for a week, then driving 9.5 hours back. Oh joy, what fun.</p>

<p>M2CK: Yes, he is interested in University Scholars. Met with his adviser last week about it.</p>

<p>Yep, mesquitegirl, been there, done that, doing that.</p>

<p>Yup. Spring Break is a chance for revision, review and studying in a different location. And if I’m lucky, maybe a movie!!! I’m still trying to come up with a decent “project” to complete over break. Any ideas? Maybe a TV show I can watch the entire run of (Firefly has been suggested to me, as has Glee). Or perhaps I could build something…</p>

<p>change in DSs flight plans, I booked early and didn’t account for a midterm ending at 1:50p Fri. Last shuttle to airport is at 5pm and he has to be out of the dorm by then… nothing else available, no possibility of rescheduling test, only option is to take a “0.” which is not an option.</p>

<p>SO… I’m driving 5 hrs. to Louisville and (he can drive the 5) back to pick him up on a later flight. Sure beats the option of driving the 10 hrs. to Alabama!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>A destination management company handles all the hotel and event arrangements desired by large groups traveling to a particular destination. So, for example, if Microsoft awards their top 100 engineers with an incentive vacation to Hawaii and wants them to experience a luau, a company-organized triathlon (!), go whale watching, have a dinner with a Polynesian review at a private oceanside luxury residence, etc., etc., a destination management company organizes and administers all of it so that the participants experience it all as a turn-key operation.</p>

<p>Now, back to Spring Break. My son visited Mobile last weekend with his friends and liked it so much that he (and they) are going to spend the week on a road trip through parts of the south, including Mobile and Savannah. Interesting that he’s chosen this over going to familiar, old California and visiting his high school buddies who are in college there.</p>

<p>^^^Malanai, that sounds like a wonderful idea. He will really enjoy it. Glad he’ll get to experience even more Southern hospitality.</p>

<p>As for the destination management company, will be contacting your wife in a few years for recommendations as to who son should interview for a job with. I sure wouldn’t mind working for a company that rewards its employees with a trip to Hawaii.</p>

<p>including Mobile and Savannah</p>

<p>Savannah is very cool…he’ll like that.</p>

<p>Sounds like he will hit most of the Forest Gump sights!</p>

<p>It is a cult classic for my younger son and his pals!</p>

<p>Bama, Mobile, Savannah (Beaufort) …I also suggest Charleston and Athens Ga.</p>

<p>Make sure he gets grits wherever he goes. And barbecue, too. Every place is different.</p>

<p>I’ll second that he add Charleston to his itinerary. And if he does, he needs to go to Hominy Grill :)</p>

<p>Montegut, what about biscuits? Nothing like Southern biscuits. (Is there any other kind?)</p>

<p>^^^Thanks y’all for the great tips. I’ll pass them on to da boy.</p>