What are y'all doing for Spring Break?

<p>Oh, yes, biscuits. And don’t forget the cornbread and hushpuppies. And the fried catfish. Oh, yes, it is Lent, so there will be plenty of good seafood to eat down south right now.</p>

<p>I just returned from Charleston last night. The city was full of spring break kids, and the College of Charleston is right in the middle of town. Try Hyman’s Seafood for yummy crab cakes and a variety of other seafoods. </p>

<p>It’s a great city for history buffs, architecture nerds, and museum fans. The harbor tour is in small fishing boats that hold about 8 passengers. I was very cold and wet by the end of the 2.5 hour ride, but saw dolphins in the harbor and l learned a little of the city history. Didn’t have time for a carriage tour, as I was at a conference “working”.</p>

<p>I think I prefer Savannah, although it’s considered Charleston’s little sister. But I love the way the city is laid out in blocks.</p>

<p>Thanks for the tips. Us empty nesters would like to enjoy some of these charming Southern towns, too.</p>

<p>I’ve never been, but I hear Natchez, Mississippi is beautiful, too.</p>

<p>I sure hope the weather gets better. </p>

<p>The South has had some very cold Spring Breaks in the past.</p>

<p>Montegut: if you want to take a lovely, leisurely road trip, you can take the Natchez Trace Parkway from Natchez, MS all the way up to Nashville, TN. And it ends right by the Loveless Cafe ;)</p>

<p>^^^I’ll second the recommendation on the Natchez Trace Parkway. I’ve driven it from Nashville to Mississippi–absolutely gorgeous. It also includes the site where Merriwether Lewis, of Lewis and Clark fame, met his demise, either by suicide or murder.</p>

<p>Now, back to our tsunami warning. We’re supposed to get hit around 3am HST. Yipes!</p>

<p>Stay safe, malanai! I just got back from Safeway, stocked up. Now just waiting and watching. This is one instance where I don’t think a roll tide is appropriate.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Uh, roger that, Rose. :slight_smile: You stay safe as well. </p>

<p>According to the tsunami evacuation zone map in the phone book, we should be ok. That said, I’m keeping an eye on the news and my ears open for the tsunami warning sirens. We can get up a mountain to high ground pretty quickly from our home. Hope you’re out of the zone as well.</p>