What at my chances?

<p>Hi I am a senior who has already applied to SDSU, UCLA, UCSD, CSUSM, and CSULB. I am also a candidate to the USNA and the NROTC scholarship. I scored 1680 on my SAT and a 23 ACT (comp.) and got a 4/5 on the AP US History Exam. I am a dedicated volunteer at a local hospital (1 year and continuing) and a varsity wrestler. I have receive multiple awards from school/sports like student/athlete of the month x2, academic excellence x2, and academic leadership etc. I am also in try top 10% of my class. My junior year I had the most AP classes I was able to take (3) and Honors Pre-Cal and got a 4.3 gpa. This year I have 4 AP classes and honors physics. I’m afraid i probably won’t get accepted to any of these colleges because I am on the route to getting a D for the 1 semester course in AP GOVT. For the next semester I won’t have any class because I took economy over the summer and got credit. Would this D, ruin my chances? I really don’t want to go to a CC for a year or two, although it is economically smart. Could a 3-5 score on the AP GOVT Exam in May waiver that? Any advice would be helpful!!! </p>

<p>Check with your GC
<a href=“http://www.calstate.edu/sas/onestopkiosk/documents/csu-uc-a-gcomparisonmatrix.pdf”>http://www.calstate.edu/sas/onestopkiosk/documents/csu-uc-a-gcomparisonmatrix.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I think it will bounce you out of consideration for the UCs and the US NA. (with a 1680 SAT you are probably already out but I don’t know the rest of your stats)
That gov class is a required course in the A category (history/social studies) if you’ve completed the requirement through other courses - you are probably OK at the CSUs.</p>

<p>According to the CSU website, passing the AP test may qualify you but, you won’t know you passed until June at the earliest - well after deposits are due for housing, etc. </p>

<p>I’d suggest you ask your teacher for a make-up opportunity and study really hard …the course isn’t that difficult.
Good luck.</p>

<p>The AP Govt class is a 1 Semester course . . . So would taking a regular government class next semester class count as a repeat of the course? My AP Govt teacher will be teaching ECON next Sem. and I took a summer class for that so I’ll be free 2nd Sem. to do so. </p>

<p>Try to bring it up to a C</p>