What classes should I take in highschool?

<p>I am a junior and I will major in either computer engineering or electrical engineering at TAMU. What classes will prepare me the best for these majors?</p>

<p>At highschool(I can take only one)
1)PreCalculus
2)Engineering Math</p>

<p>At local community college(I can take two classes in summer before senior year; only earn college credits)
1)PreCalculus
2)Calculus
3)College Algebra
4)Trignometry</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>What does your engineering math class consist of and is it considered more advanced than pre-cal?</p>

<p>Also, what math have you completed already?</p>

<p>I was told that it’s just like an introduction to engineering involved more reading than actual math. It’s not more advanced than PreCal.
I have already taken Algebra 1 and Geometry and am taking Algebra 2 currently.</p>

<p>Odd they would put pre-cal before trig. I would say you need Pre-cal and trig for sure, and Calculus if you can. Just my opinion.</p>

<p>Yeah, take Pre-cal. It’s a VERY important class. Learn everything you can and do well. The math placement test you will take before you come to A&M is based off of some precal and algera 2. I seriously need to review some Pre-cal even though I’m in AP Calculus BC. Not too much precal but trig stuff is very important…and good algebra skills!</p>

<p>Thanks!
Should I take Pre-cal at my highschool or community college?
Somebody has told me that Pre-cal=College algebra+ Trignometry, so will it be a good idea to take these two classes at the community college and then take Pre-cal at highschool?</p>

<p>That’s tough…I would say take Pre-Cal and Calculus at school but idk if you can do that at your school. We have it by semester so at my school I could. Maybe take a different class in the summer, a history or English class so you get that outta the way and don’t take it in college. Ideally, math is better off being taken at A&M so you have a good foundation for your engineering classes. :)</p>