What clothes should I have for College Station Weather

Im coming from Chicago, I lived here the past 10 years. I don’t really know what clothes I should have for the humid weather. Any insight on what wardrobe to pack would be much appreciated.

Tshirts tshirts and more tshirts. It gets HOT. Coming from someone who lived in the north for 15 years(NJ) it gets really hot. We probably won’t even have a cool night until October, maybe November. I would still bring jeans and a sweater or too, because you never know when you will be in a cold class room.

Yes, the above is true. Bring lots of clothes that will keep you cool. It’s still hot in Sept and really doesn’t start cooling down until the end of Oct/ early Nov. You probably do need a coat for Dec/Jan/Feb. But nothing drastic. It was a good suggestion to bring light sweaters for the classrooms as Texans have a penchant for blasting the air conditioning.

TAMU is a very friendly campus where people greet each other a lot. To some people it may seem a little weird at first. My D attended a summer camp there and she found it a little disconcerting at first. And we are from Texas.

BTW, she is heading to Chicago in the Fall.

Also shorts and flip-flops

Ya the temperature usually ranges from 90-40 degrees over the semester (occasionally it will get around freezing). Even some days in November I’ll wear flip flops and basketball shorts to class. But usually just shorts, t shirts, jeans and a hoodie should be about all you need.

It rains a lot. You will need something light to keep you dry, preferably made of Gore-Tex or a similar breathable fabric.

I have a lot of half sleeve button down shirts, would that be ok?

They should be OK but depending on material but could be a little warm in August and September especially at the football games. The PFG type shirts are common too. They are lightweight and comfortable.

I think of east-central Texas weather as 4 months of warm/hot and 8 month of mild with an occasional cold snap. For the academic calendar (Sep-May), it would be 2 months of warm/hot in Sep and Oct where it will still seem like summer and then 7 months of milder weather with a variety of clothing…but no snow boots :slight_smile: