What Colleges Should I Aim For?

<p>I'm currently a sophomore. I was ranked 1st in my class out of 180 this year as a freshman. I know that if I keep it up, I could be valedictorian. The 1st black one at my school.</p>

<p>However I know with 37,000 high schools there are 37,000 other students in the country just like me.</p>

<p>Extra Information:
Besides being valedictorian, I will also be the first one ever in the history of my high school to take an AP Biology course that I designed, and take the exam. My school didn't have AP Biology, only advanced biology, so no one ever took the AP Exam. So, we designed an Independent Study Course around that had the same curriculumn as an AP class. I want to study medicine (be a medical writer), so I'm also taking chemistry (honors and AP next year. ) And almost all accelerated/ AP classes except for gym/health (mandatory.)</p>

<p>I'm also planning on taking at least 8 AP classes.</p>

<p>I'm doing a robotics camp in Vermont this summer, and a political science camp in Princeton.</p>

<p>I'm class president, president of FFA (I do public speaking), student council, soccer, basketball, track, science olympiad medalist, peer tutor, and in young writer's club.</p>

<p>I also am starting a Newspaper Club at my school, since I was editor in middle school, but was shocked when I came to high school and we didn't have one.</p>

<p>I am also won a writing competition and got published in a newspaper article.</p>

<p>I also know that with practice I could do very well on my SAT and ACT.</p>

<p>I have about 20 hours of community service, mainly from peer tutoring. I can definitely get more.</p>

<p>Both my parents are also from Africa, so I am an underrepresented minority.</p>

<p>What schools could I get into? What should I continue to do throughout my years? What are your honest opinions? What chance do you say I have of getting in to a Harvard?</p>

<p>I also have a 4.0 unweighted GPA, and a 4.452 weighted. I got a 28 on the ACT, which I'm sure I can bring up.</p>

<p>Sounds very promising and keep up the good work. Harvard is a long shot for almost everyone, but you definitely would have a decent chance if you can get your SAT in the 2050 - 2100 range and/or your ACT around 30-31. Also, at least think about some other schools with strong pre-med programs (and medical schools) including Penn, Duke, Stanford, and WUSTL, among others.</p>

<p>I think you should check out the hbcu’s (historically black colleges and universities) Spelman,morehouse ,and Howard are the top 3. Spelman is an all girls school and warehouse is all boys, they’re brother/sister colleges so they do everything together, they’re very rich on tradition,and I know that Spelman is big on women and African American studies and that they have a lot of international students so you might feel more comfortable there.</p>

<p>Sent from my VS910 4G using CC</p>