What do Bama students wear?

<p>Hi im a senior in high school in central New Jersey. I got into Ua and i am visiting it very soon. Its my number one and hope to go there next year. But im curious as to what i will need clothing wise, im a guy and in new jersey clothing all year round is kinda the same stuff. Its cold or chilly for the most part during the school year, and warm at the very beginning of school and at the end. So i have some fashion sense for winter and cold months, but i have no idea what to do for the warm months, and UA is always warm. I am used to it being maybe 60-70 in september, but from there november to march its about 30 degrees for the most part and then from like april- june its like 60-75.</p>

<p>So like what type of clothing will i need for fall, winter, and spring. I assume fall and spring are the same.</p>

<p>I have zero idea about what people at bama were. So i need some feedback, from shoes, socks, shirts, pants , shorts, up to sunglases. brands and all that are helpful.</p>

<p>Also i need some help with like backpacks and stuff, since it rains a decent amount more in bama than nj, and im used to snow instead of rain in january.</p>

<p>So hep me out!!</p>

<p>Here is an old thread that has a lot of info…hope it helps and I’m sure others will chime in with some new thoughts. Welcome!
<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/931011-what-not-wear-bama.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/931011-what-not-wear-bama.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>BTW, talked to D1 and I can ASSURE you that it is not warm on campus today especially when walking across campus! A quick look at temperatures shows that it is currently 35 in Tuscaloosa and 44 in Middlesex County NJ (we used to live there and still have family in the area so my weather ticker has those 2 locations plus here in Nashville.)</p>

<p>Ok, this is going to be a long post.
Guys have less they need than girls, but unless you have an internal refrigerator, you are going to need shorts…lots of shorts (khaki). Here we only have 4 months of winter and it can still be 60-70 degrees on a random week in December. So you’ll want short sleeve shirts (polo collared shirts and polo T’s are especially popular). Guys here dress up a lot (more than the girls even) so you need a couple ties, sport coat, khaki slacks, white button downs (again, you can never go wrong with polo), dress shoes, black and brown belts. You will want some jeans and casual clothes (Sperry’s are popular casual shoes) but I assume you already have these. You won’t need to bring your ski coat haha. Although, you will need some jackets, long-sleeve shirts, and winter gear because it does get a bit chilly, and once a year it snows. But again I assume you have this. </p>

<p>I think I covered most of your bases.</p>

<p>If your already a member of the UA 2016 FB Group; go read Adam Smith’s: How to Dress Like a Dandy note! That’s the best handbook for soon to be Southern Gents! Lol</p>

<p>i dont have sperrys yet. and yeah i am i just found it haha thanks</p>

<p>Adam Smith is the expert on this. I’d talk to him.</p>

<p>Honestly, as a parent, I’d like to chime in and say that you future students are 'Bama students. What is worn is what you wear. There is no reason to change yourselves because you are attending UA. You are still you! </p>

<p>Yes, you should be bring appropriate dress and/or casual dress clothes for activities, interviews, but you don’t have to conform to something you are not because you are attending UA. You are UA. Celebrate what makes you different.</p>

<p>I like looking nice though so im just trying to figure out what people usually wear</p>

<p>My advice is to look nice in what you want to wear. There are some fashion trends for guys at UA that I don’t follow because they don’t look good on me or I simply prefer other styles. Two good examples of this are short shorts and Bama bangs. I still get compliments on my choice of clothing and get to wear clothes that I like; it’s a win-win situation.</p>