What do I put on the UC app for courses I transferred out of, sports, and electives?

<p>Hi! A lot of confusion about documenting courses on the UC app here.</p>

<p>I don’t know what I’m technically supposed to put for courses that I dropped because I transferred to another school. There are 3 options: N - Incomplete, NO - No Course this term, WI - Withdraw… I was 2 weeks into my courses before I left, so should I put incomplete… or because they’re not on my transcript, should I put NO or WI?</p>

<p>Then I’m confused about electives. I’ve taken several electives at my schools, like Newspaper, Electronics, and so on… but the UC app only lists “CP Electives”. I know CP is like the new normal course, but I don’t know if all my electives are CP (CP is not denoted on my transcript copies). Would even a course like Electronics be considered CP? If not, would I still list it or does the UC system only care about CP courses?</p>

<p>Also: Do I put down P.E. and sports as courses?</p>

<p>Finally… the UC lists all of the pre-IB courses I’ve taken as NH, or non-honors. I thought pre-IB courses were generally considered the equivalent to normal honors courses, since they have higher standards and require more work. Was I mistaken about my understanding of “honors” or does all that extra work just get brushed aside for PIB courses?</p>

<p>Clarification much needed. Thanks!</p>

<p>If the courses are not on your transcript, don’t list them!</p>

<p>Courses like Electronics and Newspaper are most likely not UC-approved and would go under “Coursework Other Than A-G.” Unless those courses are listed in the list under your high school on the UC application, in which case you should check off whatever looks closest to what you have (the course name and title will sometimes vary a little from your transcript).</p>

<p>PE and sports are not a-g, so you shouldn’t list them in Academic History. You may add them to “Coursework Other Than A-G.”</p>

<p>Pre-IB is not honors. There are some IB courses that are not honors too. You can add a note in Additional Comments indicating that Pre-IB courses at your high school requires more work than regular courses.</p>

<p>Thanks!
Your advice clarified a lot of things. :)</p>

<p>Happy to help!</p>