What do the rejection pages look like?

<p>Does anyone know what the online rejection pages look like? I’ve always been curious as to what they look like (Perhaps I’ll find out 1st hand when I find out I got rejected from Berkeley EECS? :slight_smile: ) and how they word everything and what not. So, could anyone do a screen shot of the rejection page for any of the UCs that have their decisions online already?</p>

<p>i dont think they'd want to look at the page again, i know i wouldnt</p>

<p>I'd imagine that online rejection pages would have elegant words of consolation so that you would not remember the fact that you paid $60 for the application fee and waited for 4 stressful months before finding out that you have been rejected from your dream school.</p>

<p>Not a UC rejection page, but here's the a little something I got from Cal Poly SLO: <a href="http://img15.imgspot.com/u/07/73/22/CPRJ1174015599.PNG%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://img15.imgspot.com/u/07/73/22/CPRJ1174015599.PNG&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>anyone have the one for sb?</p>

<p>i saw my friend's.</p>

<p>they actually say your name in it; all of the acceptance notifications never say my name.</p>

<p>Here's the one from UCSB. I feel slightly masochistic flaunting my rejection letter, but hey... Better to grin and bear it. I guess. =T</p>

<hr>

<p>Thank you for applying to the University of California, Santa Barbara. After careful consideration of your application, I am sorry to say that we will be unable to offer you admission as a freshman for the Fall 2007 term.</p>

<p>This year we received more than 41,000 applications for a freshman class of just 4,200 and had to make some very difficult decisions. As always, our highest priority in the review of applications is the academic qualifications of each applicant. At the same time, our goal is to select a class that reflects a variety of academic interests, exceptional skills and talents, experiences and aspirations. In doing so, we looked at a range of factors beyond grade point average and test scores. A detailed discussion of our review process is available online at <a href="http://www.admissions.ucsb.edu/selectionprocess.asp%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.admissions.ucsb.edu/selectionprocess.asp&lt;/a&gt;.&lt;/p>

<p>Be assured that our admissions officers looked closely at your grades, course work, test scores, honors and awards, volunteer and work experience, your leadership and how well you made use of academic opportunities at your school. The collective strength of all these factors within our applicant pool was the highest in those students we were able to admit.</p>

<p>Given your academic and personal qualifications, I am confident that you will have many opportunities to achieve your educational goals, perhaps at another UC campus. Qualified California residents who are not admitted by any UC campus to which they have applied may be offered freshman admission by another UC campus.</p>

<p>Again, thank you or your interest in UC Santa Barbara. I wish you every success in achieving your educational goals.</p>

<p>Sincerely,</p>

<p>Christine N. Van Gieson
Director of Admissions</p>

<p>At the top of the UCSB one, it says</p>

<p>Status-Not Admitted</p>

<p>I keep checking back, hoping it will change. LOL</p>

<p>cbf88 - ouch, that was harsh. I almost didn't even notice since they stuck it at the bottom of the page.</p>

<p>At least I've never known any statuses to say "Rejected"... that would make it about 100 times worse than "Not Admitted."</p>

<p>Here is Davis's:</p>

<p>[insert student name here], thank you for your application to UC Davis for Fall Quarter 2007.</p>

<p>We have carefully reviewed your records and regret that we cannot offer you admission to UC Davis. You will be sent an official letter of notification.</p>

<p>There may be other opportunities to attend UC Davis or another University of California campus. For more information, please see:</p>

<p>Sadly I had the experience of reading rejected letters from both SB and Davis this afternoon. :(</p>

<p>Cheer up guys, there's always appeals and CC. And cbf88, wow that SLO one is so...mechanically evil oO;; No emotion, no wishy-washiness at all. That school means business o_o</p>

<p>haha. Nice way to put TheRighteous. I definately agree.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Sadly I had the experience of reading rejected letters from both SB and Davis this afternoon.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Same thing happened to me, except in my case, I also got rejected by Cal Poly SLO this afternoon.</p>

<p>Barring a miracle from UC Irvine (which I wouldn't really want to go to anyway), looks like its off to UC Santa Cruz for me!</p>

<p>If it means anything the acceptance from SLO doesn't really say much either..."congratulations, you have been Conditionally Admitted to Cal Poly"</p>

<p>Wow, Cal Poly's pretty evil. And they even ruin your moment of glory by throwing the "Conditionally" part in your face. :rolleyes:</p>

<p>hahaha slo is pretty mean.</p>

<p>Cal poly's the most cold. :O</p>

<p>
[quote]
41,000 applications for a freshman class of just 4,200

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Holy *<strong><em>ing hell, is this the actual number of admits or the expected number of students attending UC:SB? 10% acceptance rate? I was *</em></strong>ing scared at the admit rate for Stanford and UC:B for last year, and I thought UC:SB had 50% admit rate.</p>

<p>"Holy *<strong><em>ing hell, is this the actual number of admits or the expected number of students attending UC:SB? 10% acceptance rate? I was *</em></strong>ing scared at the admit rate for Stanford and UC:B for last year, and I thought UC:SB had 50% admit rate."</p>

<p>There are 4200 freshman spots, but the school will admit more people than there are spots, because not all of them will choose to attend the school. The percent of people who choose to attend the school after getting accepted is called the matriculation rate, which is different from the acceptance rate (percent of applicants admitted).</p>