What do UA girls wear?

<p>Coming from the midwest, my closet consists of a lot of winter clothes. Alabama is one of my top colleges right now, and I know that it tends to be a lot warmer there than here in Illinois. What does the typical UA girl wear from day to day? I know sororities tend to have nicer dress codes, but what would the average wardrobe consist of? I wear a lot of casual dresses here when it is warm, but I also have a bunch of winter sweaters that I doubt I would wear in Alabama for most of the year. I’ve heard many rumors about people from Southern schools being more concerned about fashion, so is there any truth to that? How nice do girls dress, and what do they usually wear from season to season? Thanks! :)</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/931011-what-not-wear-bama.html?highlight=what+not+to+wear+at+bama[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/931011-what-not-wear-bama.html?highlight=what+not+to+wear+at+bama&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Girls wear a variety of clothes, depending on the weather. While some girls may dress up more, a number will run around in Nike Tempo shorts and Tshirts.</p>

<p>We are also from the Midwest…(toasty 8 degrees at my house this morning!). My DD is Greek and wears leggings, Nike shorts or running skirts, over sized t-shirts and has several Patagonia fleeces. She will also wear skinny jeans, oversized sweater and a puffy North face vest with boots. You will see lots of girls in the Nike short/big shirt look for class but you will also see girls who will dress up for class as well. It gets a little chilly sometimes in January and February so you might need the winter coat and a few fleeces (think Midwest March??..minus the odd snow storm). DD also has a couple of pairs of rain boots (Hunters and Steve Madden).
I will share that when the girls go out they do dress up…not dress dresses but great pants, boots, booties or heels…my DD shops at a variety of stores from Francesca’s to J Crew, Anthropologie, Nordstroms and some small boutiques you will find in Tuscaloosa. My suggestion is for you to be true to who you are (don’t change just to “fit in”)…just look “put together” (and by the way you can achieve this look with clothes from anywhere!)</p>

<p>That’s really helpful! I’ll definitely invest in some nice rain boots and nike shorts. Alabama weather is definitely one of the factors that appeals to me! I can finally wear my cute spring clothes for more than a couple of months! haha. :)</p>

<p>Do Girls at Alabama wear lululemon?</p>

<p>Also…how “into” designers are they over there? Do they care about girls having high end designer bags, shoes, clothing…like louis vuitton, chanel, gucci, prada? Do the girls carry these at the school? My friend goes to U Miami and said that all the girls show up to class with their chanel bags and really into labels over there…I’m curious about what alabama’s girls takes are on designer items</p>

<p>There are some that are into designers and some who aren’t…and some who are in between (have some name brands).</p>

<p>I don’t know how 'high end" the brands are. They don’t seem to be Chanel level to me. There are some LV purses, but who knows if they’re real. The canvas monograms are easily faked.</p>

<p>My daughter LOVES Lululemon!!!</p>

<p>My D loves Lululemon as well!! There are a couple of yoga studios near campus too :)</p>