What do you do at Fish Camp?

I am having surgery in two weeks and I really want to go to Fish Camp. My surgeon said that I cannot lift anything above 5 pounds for at least 6 weeks after the surgery and I can begin walking after 2 weeks.

I hope your surgery goes well! And unfortunately, I would recommend you not going to Fish Camp as it may cause conflicts with your surgeon’s instructions. The only real heavy lifting you will be doing will be taking your stuff with you and moving it around, but then again that will only be at the beginning and end. Fish Camp consists of a lot of sitting, walking, moving around, talking, and basically any active activity that involves interacting socially with other individuals/groups. It is a great time, and I do not want to discourage you from going if you think you will be okay, but I also would recommend you keep your health as a priority.

As someone that is not the most social butterfly out there, it was very enjoyable, but definitely out of my comfort zone. Regardless, with whatever decision you make, stay safe and good luck!

There are staff that work all summer regarding fish camp - let them know your situation & see if you can switch to a later session or get some assistance moving your things. Generally known as very helpful people that work with/at Fish Camp.

Thank you :slight_smile: @TamuEngineer . Would you say that you made a lot of close friends at Fish Camp or were most of your friends made in your classes and/or extracurricular activities? I really want to go to Fish Camp because I want to meet new people…I don’t have that many peers that are going to A&M :(.