What does it mean when colleges email you Apps.

<p>I understand that it means that the college is interested, but does this mean that i have a higher chance of getting accepted?
Thanks</p>

<p>Well if a college sends you an app because lets say you submitted your PSAT/SAT scores to the college board then that means that you are a prospective student. They would like to see you apply. There is no guarantee because if you do poorly on your essays and other things they will reject you. But it does mean that you should take the opportunity. These days you never know what will happen. It also depends on the selectivity of your school. I don’t think it means you have a greater chance of being accepted though. But you certainly might meet their criteria.</p>

<p>Yes, that has been happening to me. I am getting the letter/application from a few top schools from the high ACT/PSAT I guess. I took ACT April. 32 composite (34 math/36 reading)…female/thinking engineering, math. Only thing, I didn’t do subject tests. Now I will have to. Math/US History I will do. Stuck w/science. I did chemistry sophomore year, AP Env. junior year (5), and will do AP Physics senior year. However, most top schools want Chemistry/Physics to be able to go ito engineering. I will attempt chemistry.</p>

<p>Can the school tell if they sent an unsolicited package to a student? (These are Ivy’/top 25 schools).</p>