What does it take to get in?

<p>I am a senior in high school this fall who is really interested in going to the University of Alabama and I just wanted to know what it would take to get in?</p>

<p>What are your stats?</p>

<p>Bama is accepting apps now. </p>

<p>What state are you from?</p>

<p>3.1 gpa
1810 SAT (1190/1600)
2 years of golf
1 year of track
member of student council</p>

<p>The standard UA line is that a student with a minimum ACT of 21 and a GPA of 3.0 “should be successful” at UA. However, many here seem to think that early filing of an admissions application increases chances of acceptance. Keep in mind though that UA only accepted 53.6% of applicants for last Fall, and with more than 22,000 applications for this Fall having been sent to UA (20,000 for last Fall) that percentage will surely be signficantly lower. If you can get an ACT of 21 or higher you should have no problem. But don’t settle for the minimum. If you get at least a 27, you might be able to get at least a partial scholarship, although your current GPA is below average for UA freshman.</p>

<p>A recommendation letter from me. But you’ll need to say the magic words before I’ll write you one. I’ll even give you a hint as to what the magic words are. </p>

<p>______of a needle
extreme dislike
cow college</p>

<p>But seriously you’re Golden with your current stats. Just apply and you’ll be accepted with no problem. If you raise your SAT up just a tad bit higher you’ll even get some scholarship money.</p>

<p>I really hope that I get accepted. Alabama is my dream school even though I live in Pennsylvania. Does that help or hurt my chances?</p>

<p>Applications are open now, so just apply. It is very easy! Do not forget to get your Guidance Counselor to send in your transcript right away. </p>

<p>Apply now and retake that SAT.
Also take the ACT, raise your SAT or score well on the ACT and earn a scholarship. Get yourself a prep book and study.</p>

<p>Good Luck and here is your first Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Apply today. You’ll get in.</p>