What does the rolling admission mean for TAMU?

<p>Does this mean that if I am in the top 10% and I apply on the very first day i can (aug. 1st) that it will only take a few weeks to get my acceptance letter?</p>

<p>yes…</p>

<p>Yes, you will hear back in a month or less if you’re top ten percent, but your friends who are in top 15 or 20% won’t hear back until after Christmas; then a few more "borderline"applicants will hear in March or even early May (that is, if it’s as late as some people at my high school were accepted this past spring). So, with the different times of the academic year that groups of students are accepted, they call it “rolling” admissions.</p>

<p>If I am in the top 25% and have the necessary test scores to be automatically admitted, do I have to worry about writing thoughtful essays and/or turning in my application super early (say, August 1st)?</p>

<p>If your math and verbal scores = 1300 and you are in top 25%, you’re an automatic admit; however, to be sure that you get the major you want, you probably should still at least meet the essay requirement and apply within August-September. Acceptance at A&M has become less of a sure thing if you’re not top ten per cent in the last two years, especially since UT lowered the percentage by which they are obligated–10% went to 8%, back up to 9% (I believe)this year. That meant more students were clamoring for A&M if they were in that
1-2% that could be denied to UT, so many students who were borderline (like top 11-12%) didn’t get in at A&M this year. For most of them, probably there was some other handicap, like lower test scores or not many challenging classes on their senior year and transcipt.
So, message is–cover all your bases.</p>

<p>Also, early applications with the scores of 1300+ and rank you describe mean earlier acceptance so that you can do your housing application sooner and request dorm and/or roommate you want.</p>

<p>When is the latest you can apply to texas a&m</p>

<p>December 1. </p>