What does this mean for an Out of Stater?

<p>Well I applied to Wisconsin back in november and when I logged onto the MY UW page to check my application status, it said the following: "Your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors. Check back here for updates on your application status." Does this mean that a counselor is literally in the process of reviewing it, or is that another way of saying that its still "in process"? I mean, im not really sure if Wisconsins even reachable for me.. so you be the judge;. When do you think I'll hear from them?</p>

<p>OOS (NJ)
Male
Minority (Hispanic)
25 ACT(weakness- im a horrible test taker)
3.8 gpa unweighted/4.1 weighted
Great recs and extra currics</p>

<p>Your status bascially means that your application has arrived. Contrary to what it says, it is not necessarily being reviewed by a conselor (my status said the same thing for like 2 months). I would guess that you’ll hear in the next month or so as you applied way back in November, but it could take to the March deadline (is it the 15th?). UW is definitely a reach for you. Your ACT is on the low end (less than the 25th percentile), but your gpa is pretty good. The fact that you are a minority will help you a lot. Good luck!</p>

<p>You can get in with a 25 ACT if you have a strong gpa and the balance of the application looks good.</p>