What Does This Mean? Help :(

Thank you for your application to Texas A&M University. The College of Liberal Arts has reviewed your application for Fall 2015 transfer admission and would like to postpone a decision in order to re-review your file once the spring semester is complete and you have sent in your spring grades.
Please send an official transcript with Spring grades to the Office of Admissions by June 1, 2015 at which time we will reconsider your application for Fall admission. Only those reviewed applicants whom the college determines as competitive are given the opportunity to submit spring grades for a second review. If we do not receive a transcript by June 1, we will assume that you have made plans to enroll elsewhere in the Fall and do not wish to be considered further for admission to Texas A&M.
Reconsideration for the fall term is limited to applicants studying in the U.S.
An explanation of the criteria used in making our transfer decisions can be found on the Office of Admissions website at admissions.tamu.edu/transfer. To view specific details regarding your application, access the Applicant Information System (AIS) and the Transfer Audit Report available on the Applicant channel in the Howdy portal, howdy.tamu.edu.
Your records will be kept on file with the Office of Admissions for a period of one year. To be considered for admission to a future semester, you will need to submit a new application, new application fee, new essay(s), and other required credentials as noted on our website. Please note that new transcripts may be required if additional coursework has been completed since you last applied.
If you have any questions, please contact an admissions advisor at one of our Prospective Student Centers,
admissions.tamu.edu/psc
Thank you for your interest in Texas A&M University. Sincerely,
Office of Admissions

I have applied to one school and if I get denied, ill be in a bad situation.
What are the chances of me getting into this school?
I am afraid I’ll be denied…

The letter is pretty straight forward. You have not been admitted, but they haven’t yet rejected you.
They basically said, “maybe… depends on your spring grades.” So you need to buckle down and earn high grades in your spring terms, and submit them before June 1… they will review them, and if they are high enough, they MIGHT say yes.

If you have no other options, you should probably plan to enroll in community college for a year and then attempt to transfer.

Do you have pre-req classes or total amount of units needed in progress now? If so, they are waiting to see your performance level in those courses before they decide yes or no. You would be denied if you didn’t have the required course(s) in progress. You would be either been accepted or denied if you had already completed them prior to application. Your chances based on this letter alone cannot be determined - it is given to all who have courses in progress who have the potential to meet the requirements for that major.

1 Like

There are plenty of schools still accepting applications, including some other A&M campuses, so why not apply now to some other schools and/or other A&M campuses, and submit your Spring semester grades as soon as you have them? That way, you can go to A&M if you are accepted, or start somewhere else in the fall and then decide if you want to transfer to A&M. Good luck!

My daughter plans to transfer next year after a year at Blinn. We were told to absolutely expect the type of answer you got as they don’t consider classes in progress for transfer. They are waiting to be sure you complete them with the required grade. I don’t think it’s super unusual from what the advisor we spoke to said. I’m just glad we were told to expect it.

Sorry @tndlf6733. I posted without realizing you had applied for transfer, so my post #3 makes no sense. Mea culpa.

1 Like

Hey, I got the same letter but from the Engineering Department. From the classes I’m taking this semester only Calc 2 and Physics are required for my major. Does that mean that as long as I do good in those two I should be fine?

@jdr2308 I’m guessing you’re currently taking calc 2 and physics 2? If you get at least a B in those courses (preferably an A) and have a high GPA and depending on which major in engineering I would say you have a decent shot. Hope this helps

@ilovemath987 I’m applying for mechanical engineering, last semester got a 4.0 and i’ll most probably get an A in both courses

I received the same thing