What Dorms are the best fit?

<p>I recently just got admitted to Madison and I'm just wondering what dorms would be the best fit for me. I'm a transfer student and I heard Adams Hall has a transfer dorm, but it's a lakeshore dorm, which I heard were more of the "quiet" dorms. I was looking to get in to a more social dorm. I would also like a dorm in the heart of campus. Does anyone have any suggestions?</p>

<p>Transfer dorm with nonfreshmen trumps other dorms for you. Adams is in the heart of campus, not on the fringes like the SE dorms that will be dominated by freshmen. Returning dorm residents will already have chosen their dorms so there will be fewer available spaces for nonfreshmen in the ones more popular with sophomores (Res Halls reserves 50% of spaces for freshmen in most dorms, typically more than that especially in those not favored by returning students). </p>

<p>That said you can consider the dorms without regard to your status as a transfer. Choose the location that most suits you. There are many threads about the differences. Consider location- city versus suburban vibe to escaoe to, high rise, building age and style (all have been well maintained with the same amenities)…</p>

<p>Some prefer the Lakeshore as I did back in my day. Others prefer being in the noisy, busy area. All dorms are close enough to your classes. All are walking distance to State St. </p>

<p>Only you can decide which dorm setting works best for you. Think of it like your parents did when they chose where to buy a house. You have the whole campus as your neighborhood but your dorm is where you destress. Make a list of your priorities- location, students (freshmen or not)…</p>

<p>Whats the international learning community like? I realize that where you live at a large state school is a huge factor in getting close friendships and having fun. I want to party and have a lot of fun while at Madison and I don’t want to live in a boring dorm. At the same time, I want academic stimulation and I really enjoy meeting people from other places, learning new languages, and learning about other cultures. Whats the social scene like among kids in the international learning community? What other dorms are there that could possibly fit my personality the best (from what little you know about me)?</p>