what ethnicity should I use?

<p>Im a junior in high school and I really want to go to uva. my gpa isnt that great im not exactly sure what it is but i know my freshman year i have a c on my transcipt and my sophmore year i have 2 C's the rest a's and b's. im wondering if i put black and native american on my application, i would have a better chance. im part of united cherokee indian tribe of va but were not federaly recognized. can i get an edge if i add native american? im trying really hard this year. i got A's and B's the first 9 weeks but my grandmother passed and i was stressed so i got b's, c's and an f. im gonna strive for straight a's the next 2 nine weeks. do i have a chance?</p>

<p>Wait, I got lost? Are you just mixed with black and cherokee? Or something else too? </p>

<p>You should probably go with what you identify as, what you are mostly, or just put down everything you can.</p>

<p>I think people on this site find it annoying to use race as an edge though, so I hope you don’t get many negative responses and I hope you don’t use that as your motive for what race/ethnicity you use.</p>

<p>I was actually wondering the same thing? I’m 1/4 Native American, but I only checked African American on my applications. I think you should only check Native American if its a significant part of your race (Id say at least 1/8,1/4). If you are not, and are just using it too boost your chances <em>tsk tsk</em>, and I don’t think it will help much in the long run.</p>