What exactly is the Transitional Opportunity Program (TOP)?

<p>Did anyone received this letter from geneseo?
I don't know if TOP is a good sign or a bad one.</p>

<p>Is this program for the smart ppl?
or for the retards?</p>

<p>Is it similar with NYU's LSP?</p>

<p>take a look at the front page for the program… under faq
[AOP</a> Home](<a href=“http://www.geneseo.edu/CMS/display.php?dpt=aop]AOP”>http://www.geneseo.edu/CMS/display.php?dpt=aop)</p>

<p>It is not for ■■■■■■■… and nobody is a ■■■■■■.</p>

<p>I presume you are of a minority race? My buddy got admitted under the TOP. Basically, you did not qualify to be admitted in the normal fashion, but since you are a minority/low income family/im not really sure and show promise of good academic achievement, Geneseo wants you…at a price,however.</p>

<p>My friend had about an 88 avg. and 1150 SAT score which is good, but not by Geneseo’s normal standards.</p>

<p>He was set to hit them up on their TOP offer until he found out that participants are required to spend a month of their summer in geneseo to “gear up” for the fall semester by taking a couple credited classes and attend seminars on how to succeed. </p>

<p>He did not want to attend geneseo badly enough to sacrifice a month of his last summer before college cooped up in a dorm away from home.</p>

<p>Please look it up on the website AND TOP is actually a great program. </p>

<p>You have your own college advisor and access to tutors and will get one on one attention.
All students are treated the same. You have the same classes, teachers, dorms, etc.
There is no separation and the word ■■■■■■ is very offensive. I really do not think you are geared for college with that attitude!
In fact, the students that are in the TOP program are intelligent, work hard and pretty much succeed.
Agreed that the drawback will be taking summer courses to prepare you, (there are other colleges that require summer courses) if you have taken AP courses throughout high school, they will forgo the summer classes & seminars.</p>