What happens after being "admitted?"

My son applied on 7/3. He checked his UA account middle of last week and saw “admitted” (although there’s no date for when that happened). Is there anything more formal that comes? There’s no other information on what the next steps are, or any information on merit scholarships, etc.

Also, is there a way to edit our posts? I wanted to update my “admitted” post but can’t figure out if there’s a way.

Thanks!

You will get a formal packet in the mail within a few weeks and if he qualifies for an automatic merit scholarship a letter will come about that as well. It is still super early. The next step would be to pay your admission deposit and housing deposit by 10/1 to guarantee early housing selection but that is about it at this point. Congrats and Roll Tide!

You will get a formal packet and a student portal. You also need to pay a deposit fee and select housing. Congrats!

Of course, about an hour after my post yesterday, he received the packet in the mail, lol.

Thanks so much!

For some reason, they don’t send acceptance emails to the email address you give them, but only the crimson.ua.edu address (which they likely won’t check because they don’t know whether they are admitted).

Still waiting on the packet in the mail.

The mail packet was very slim - just a letter and a card. It is still very early.