What happens now that LSU beat Arkansas?

<p>Please educate me. Do we have a chance at the championship?</p>

<p>We actually wanted that to happen. As it stands when we beat auburn tomorrow we should be in the game. </p>

<p>However, due to Oklahoma State’s high computer poll average there is a chance they could jump us next week if they beat Oklahoma. It’s a slim chance but there’s a possibility. </p>

<p>So now we need to thump the cow molesters tomorrow and if Oklahoma beats oklahoma st next week we would be a lock.</p>

<p>Can anyone really believe that Ok State is better than Bama? The Cowboys have no defense, at all. I think if they beat Auburn, the rematch should be on. I assume their is no BCS rule preventing that in the unlikely event Georgia wins the SEC championship game and gets and automatic BCS bid (can there be 3 SEC teams in the BCS?)</p>

<p>NO one believes Ok St is better than Bama. Anyone voting them higher than us would be doing so because they dislike Bama, the SEC, or they don’t want to see a rematch. </p>

<p>Like Kirk Herbstreit said the other day. Voters are supposed to vote for the best teams in order. They’re not supposed to look at potential bowl matchups or rematches. If voters follow the criteria then Bama would be the clear cut #2 in both human polls and we’d be in the BCSCG. </p>

<p>There is no rule preventing your bowl scenario that I’m aware of. It would be a $$$ windfall for the SEc but I think it’s in Bama’s best interest for LSU to thump UGA next week. We don’t need Ok St gaining anymore ground over us in the computer polls.</p>

<p>If Georgia beats LSU, then that would be a REAL mess.</p>

<p>Then who would play for the championship? There would be a ton of 1 loss teams.</p>

<p>So NJ, how confident are you about tomorrow’s game? I figure Chizik will try to run the option since Georgia Southern moved the ball on us with it. When asked he said he would if he had an option quarterback…He didn’t say NO! I know we are sooooo much better than Aubarn, but it’s such an emotional game! I hear the players have had pics of Cam Newton celebrating after their win against us last year posted in the locker room with the quote “NEVER AGAIN” under his pic! I sure hope it gives them motivation!!!</p>

<p>I’m very confident. Might be relatively close for the 1st half but we should end up winning by 24+. I’ll say 41 - 10 Bama as a final score.</p>

<p>The barn can try to run the option but it takes a lot of practice to be good at it like Ga Southern. If the barn goes to that I look for us to cause/recover at least 2 fumbles.</p>

<p>You can’t just decide to run the option and have success. Auburn could run a speed option like LSU did with Jefferson and Ford, but not a triple option like the one Georgia Southern runs. A triple option offense takes years to recruit and practice for. It’s a completely different offense, and it’s very hard for any defense to prepare against.</p>

<p>I’m sure Auburn has a few zone read/speed option plays sprinkled in their playbook, but it’s just not going to be a big deal.</p>

<p>If Georgia beats LSU… Oklahoma State might sneak in the game. If not, there’s a chance LSU still gets in.</p>

<p>Even if LSU loses in the SEC championship, it would still likely go.</p>

<p>Oh my…those Auburn cheerleaders’ outfits are just awful (on College Game Day). Who is their fashion advisor, a rugby player? Makes me wonder if they have any idea how horrid their uniforms are.</p>

<p>m2k…ditto on the Auburn cheerleader outfits!!! As a former college cheerleader I always look and OH MY!!! About the worst I’ve seen…</p>