What if i don't pass the AWPE test?

<p>does it mean i cannot attend UCI? which i plan to go to</p>

<p>From the awpe website:
"During the examination, students will be required to read a passage and then write an essay responding to a single topic based on the content.</p>

<p>Students will be notified whether or not they have passed the exam in mid-June. Results of the exam will not affect a student’s admission to the University. Those who do not pass the examination can still satisfy the Entry Level Writing Requirement before enrolling in the University by achieving a satisfactory score on one of the tests listed above or by completing an acceptable college course in English composition with a grade of C or better.</p>

<p>Students who have not satisfied the Entry Level Writing Requirement at the time they enroll in their classes must take a writing course designated by their campus."</p>

<p>it just means that you will have to take a specific course or courses that UCI has to satisfy this UC wide requirement. If you pass the AWPE test or get a high enough SAT score or take a suitable community college class first, you can waive taking it, but basically the whole purpose is to decide if you need that initial reading/writing course.</p>

<p>also, I know you have to take some remedial class if you don’t pass the exam but if you pass the remedial class does that mean you can continue on to the normal classes? or do you have to take the test AGAIN?</p>

<p>I highly doubt you will take the test again, since you just took the class that people who passed the AWPE or AP/SAT tests, tested out of.</p>

<p>The final of the workload (remedial) class will be the AWPE essentially. Once again, when taking the AWPE please remember that it is an analytical!!! test. Analyze the hell out of the reading and incorporate your ideas into the essay. The test is not trying to trick you at all. If you take your time, you should have no problem passing :). I took pretty much all regular English classes in high school AND I had prom the same day as the test – and I still passed. It’s something you can’t really study for, so do yourself a favor and read the instructions carefully to spare yourself from taking a workload class! :)</p>

<p>yeah that was right. I failed the test because all I did was analyze. Yah know just like the AP English Test?? I am currently taking a summer school at UCR and the discussion instructor told us how are we supposed to do it and I did not know you are supposed to use the word “I”, summarize it a lil bit (which is a BIG NO NO for AP English Test), and did not agree/disagree with the topic =(</p>