What if I qualify for PSA automatic admission while still in High School?

<p>I have all the required course work completed through Texas A&M University of Corpus Christi with all of the grades I need for automatic admission, yet I am still in High School. My High School has a dual enrollment program in which I have been enrolled at TAMUCC for more than 2 years by the time I graduate. How will this affect my admission?</p>

<p>You might want to look at the Early Readiness High School Graduation Option. See: <a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/counselors”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/counselors&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>You should talk to your high school counselors and the A&M Admissions office and your parents, of course. There are disadvantages to going to college too <em>young</em>. But if you and your parents think you are socially and emotionally ready for it, this might work for you.</p>

<p>@TexasAtHome I have been attending college since my Sophomore year of High School. I should graduate with 50 hours that would all transfer to College Station. My High School also doesn’t offer that graduation option, I am apart of a program that allows students to attend TAMUCC under dual enrollment, I will graduate with our distinguished plan, the highest “ranked” diploma offered by my High School. I emailed the director of transfers at Texas A&M and was suggested that I call an admissions counselor. </p>

<p>@BlakeGrhymes‌ Ok. I guess I do not understand your question. Are you planning to try and leave high school before your senior year? Or do you plan on doing four years in high school then applying to A&M? Do you want your hours to count towards your degree? Or do you want to go in as a Freshman? Applying as a transfer for some programs may be tougher than applying as a freshman. You really need to talk to an admissions counselor and maybe some people in the department to which you want to apply. </p>

<p>Someone had asked this in the past, not sure if it was on this forum, but basically you are considered a freshman admit although you have dual credit. The advantages are that you are eligible for many more scholarships & opportunities for participation ( groups, activities,housing etc) that are for incoming freshmen only versus transfers. If you come in as a transfer you will need to be admitted differently, your timeline is also different (e.g. Spring admits are just now hearing). I would go ahead and contact an admission advisor - it also shows your interest which is considered for a review admit like yourself( based on your other post- provided you are a senior) . IF so, you can also ask if you can apply later as a transfer if by chance you don’t get full admission as a freshman applicant or how long you would have to wait. </p>

<p>@texasathome @agmomx2 Spoke to my admissions counselor, she said that they typically don’t offer applicants like myself with a large amount of dual credit into the PSA program, instead they will either offer full admission or blinn.</p>

<p>@BlakeGrhymes‌ That sounds very promising! Good luck to you!</p>