What is a good school for a african american female to apply to in Virginia?

<p>Im instate and I have a gpa around a 3.0. I can't decide on a list of colleges to apply to. Im not sure which ones would likely accept me. Ive looked at geroge mason, vcu, and hampton. Im not sure about hampton because I'd like to go to a school with many different backgrounds. I love uva but I dont have the grades. What schools in virginia could I get into? Im not interested in radford or ferrum.</p>

<p>What grade are you in? Have you taken SAT’s or the ACT? What kind of classes have you taken?</p>

<p>George Mason is really nice! :)</p>

<p>how about old dominion or james madison?</p>

<p>Umm I think You named most of them…</p>

<p>Im an upcoming senior. I havent got my scores back yet but ive taken both. Im in all advanced classes and two AP classes</p>

<p>With your GPA, I would also look at Christopher Newport. </p>

<p>They are an up and coming school and they are really growing and adding alot to the campus. They are even test optional with a certain GPA - not sure of the exact number. Sorry.</p>

<p>I would definitely check out ODU. I feel like it’s often an overlooked school for students in the area, but my brother goes there and really likes it. He had a lot of issues with grades in high school, among other things, almost dropped out… then he went to ECPI for a bit, decided he hated it, worked for a year, and then got into ODU the following year, with a GPA in the 2-range (I think).</p>

<p>That being said, there are many people with higher GPAs who go there as well. It’s really worth looking into, in my opinion.</p>

<p>I’d suggest old dominion and vcu. Depending on your sat and act scores, you could possibly even shoot for george mason.</p>