What is better Program for System Admission (PSA) or TEAM to get into A&M?

Just received the decision from A&M that sadly I didn’t get accepted. They have although offered me the PSA. My question is which is better doing the PSA or the TEAM program at Blinn? If I do go for PSA then I would chose Electrical Engineering, and then try to change major depending if I like electrical engineering. I feel like doing the PSA program might be easy since I got a 1220 on the SAT, took many AP Classes and also had a GPA of a 93.5, so going to a school like A&M Corpus Christi might not be that hard right? With the PSA program it’s just doing the basic’s classes at a different school then getting guaranteed to A&M College station right?

One more thing, do you think it’s better if I just go to UTSA or Texas Tech or wait for one year then hopefully getting transferred to A&M
Need some advice please, Thank you for your time

@uhdante Since you were offered PSA, you are not eligible for the TEAM program at Blinn. If you attended Blinn as a student and then wanted to transfer, you would have to apply to do so as any transfer student.

For PSA, were you given any campus to chose to attend or were you given a campus(s)? Does the campus you will attend offer electrical engineering?
Here is the required coursework for PSA and electrical engineering. http://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/media/Main/pdfs-psa/ENG2017/Electrical-2017.pdf

These are the “basics” you will be taking your first year. Engineering is not “easy” anywhere. What is your high school background in Calculus and Physics? PSA will have you doing required university core curriculum classes, like your history, communications, government and English classes but you will also have to satisfy the Math and Science requirement before getting into A&M. Math 151, 152, Physics 218 and Chem 107/117 won’t be a walk in the park. Neither will physics 208 and some majors allow it to be taken over summer at a Community College.

In addition, Engineering applicants must maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA at that school AND a minimum 3.0 GPA on all other transferable coursework (including dual credit taken during high school) to guarantee admission. This is not an easy task for those who scored 1470+ on SAT.

You will have to follow the course requirements for whatever major you are seeking to be admitted to http://admissions.tamu.edu/PSA

Scroll down to Participating Colleges/Departments at Texas A&M University and click the degree plan you will need to follow at your PSA university. You also will not just “change major” at A&M if you do not like electrical engineering. A lot of majors require to you apply to them, so you must have the necessary coursework complete. There are too many scenarios of what If to address in the forum, but , in short, You would work with an advisor to place you into another major, if you qualified, or go into general studies until you have the required courses to apply to another major.

I do not want to steer you away from A&M if that is where you really want to end up, but know that it is not going to be easy. If you already have an acceptance to your desired major, at UTSA or Texas Tech, that may be a better option, as you are already in, not hoping to get in. One of my son’s best friends is at TT in engineering and really loves it. Good Luck.