What is campus life like at Union College?

My son is planning on applying to Union College, and we are quite concerned about the impact of frats on social life at school.

1 Like

This site will allow you to compare Union to other schools by percentage of fraternity participation: https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/most-frats.

My son had classmates who attended and did not participate in Greek life. My sense was that they had to work a bit to find friends and activities but they did and were ultimately happy with their experience.

I would say that this really needs to be assessed against what you son expects of his experience. I think th we re are people who are quite comfortable making somewhat different choices than many around them and others who find that uncomfortable.

If your son is not applying ED and is admitted, with a bit of luck, he’ll be able to visit himself and get a feel. My kid really liked this school and visited campus 3 times. He found the students very friendly and welcoming.

2 Likes

My daughter also plans to apply early action. She did an admission interview during which the student interviewer told her that much of the social life on campus revolves around the Greek organizations. This was surprising and disappointing, but if accepted, she’ll visit campus and keep an open mind.