<p>Cal - Business/engineering
UCLA - Business
UCSB -chemical engineering/materials science/physics
UCI- Bio/CompSci
UCD - environmental and agriculture
UCSD - bioengineering/bio
UCR-Entomology
UCSC-astrophysics/linguistics + the only UC with computer game design</p>

<p>UCI is particularly strong in Dance, Drama, Musical Theatre, Studio Art, Digital Arts, English, Comparative Literature, Philosophy, Spanish and Portuguese, French and Italian, Writing, Critical Theory, Criminology, Law and Society, Planning, Logic and Philosophy of Science, Games, Decisions and Computational Behavioral Science, Chemistry (especially Atmospheric and Organic), Earth System Science, Particle Physics, Computer Science Engineering and Informatics, Business Information Systems, Neuroscience (especially Learning and Memory), Online Education and Education Technology. </p>

<p>The Campus Wide Honors Program, Summer Travel Study and Research Opportunities for Undergrads are all really good.</p>

<p>^ I thought OP was interested in general perception of what is strongest. Not to name all their degrees offered.</p>

<p>Hah its fine. More info the better.</p>

<p>umm, UCLA does not offer a biz program! (Yeah, biz-econ is excellent, but it’s focus is on the liberal arts econ.)</p>

<p>Don’t forget Cal’s College of Chem, one of the tops in the country. UCI also has a fantastic Comp Lit program. Davis is #1 in enology. LA is great in film/theater. SD also does linguistics.</p>

<p>All are good in bio, but LA & Cal are top 20. Heck, any top 100 Uni is good in basic bio – premeds are everywhere.</p>

<p>Isn’t UCR top ranked in Nematology as well?</p>

<p>Berkeley’s programs in biological sciences ranks 2nd in the nation-- tied with MIT and behind Stanford.</p>

<p>[Rankings</a> - Biological Sciences - Graduate Schools - Education - US News and World Report](<a href=“http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-biological-sciences-programs/rankings]Rankings”>http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-biological-sciences-programs/rankings)</p>

<p>You know… despite the fact that UC Davis is mostly known for its agriculture and biological sciences, according to US News ratings for its graduate program in Psychology, it is ranked 23 in the country along side both Duke and John Hopkins. It is further ahead than Irvine and much further ahead than UCSB. Not too bad at all.</p>

<p>tastybeef, grad school rankings are much different than undergrad.</p>

<p>sebguy_707 - very true, in fact it’s great in a lot of things few would suspect. Others include undergraduate biology (arguably the strongest in the UCs) and environmental science and geology.</p>

<p>I would disagree on calling it the strongest. I would definitely say that realm belongs to UCSD.</p>

<p>In some sense, grad school rankings are very similar to those for undergrad. The two types of rankings draw upon figures that are common to both, for example, number of publications by department and literature resources.</p>

<p>But if you want to be exact, there are some undergrad rankings for biology. One is the Gourman report which ranks the programs as such: </p>

<p>Caltech
MIT
Yale
Harvard
Wisconsin
UCSD
UC Berkeley
Colorado-Boulder
Columbia
Stanford
Washington
U Chicago
Duke
WUStL
UCLA
Michigan
Cornell
U Penn
Purdue
Indiana
UNC Chapel Hill
Utah
Johns Hopkins
Northwestern
Princeton
UC Irvine
Notre Dame
UC Santa Barbara
UVA
Brown
UIUC
U Pittsburgh
Vanderbilt
U Oregon
SUNY Stony Brook
U Rochester
Tufts
Minnesota
SUNY Buffalo
UT Austin
Florida State
Michigan State
USC
U Connecticut
UC Riverside
Rice
Iowa State
SUNY Albany
Case Western
Boston U
Ohio State
NYU
Iowa
Penn State
Emory
Brandeis
U Kansas
Rutgers
Tulane
US Air Force Academy
Missouri </p>

<p>From: <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/college-search-selection/591556-does-anyone-know-undergraduate-rankings-biology.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/college-search-selection/591556-does-anyone-know-undergraduate-rankings-biology.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>It’s curious to note that while UC Davis doesn’t even make the list, some would tout it as “arguably the strongest in the UCs.”</p>

<p>For econ Berkeley is the best, then LA and SD, then Davis, then the rest aren’t that good.</p>

<p>I wouldn’t say Davis biology is weak or anything by any means. Amongst the UCs it’s probably UCB->UCSD ->UCD -> the rest for bio. But I also heard UCD fuels like 50% of the workforce in the biotech industry in NorCal. But I’m from NorCal so I can be biased, UCD does have a little bit better prestige up here lately for bio stuff. So dmission might be somewhat right.</p>

<p>I asked my dad who has a biotech company whether he would hire a UCSD grad or UCD grad if they were identical and he said UCSD.</p>

<p>Davis is good at Biology? I thought it was more of the environmental biology that it was good at, if any…</p>

<p>LogicWarrior: Likewise, when I was choosing between Davis and UCSD every doctor I knew was trying to convince me to choose UCSD, including a UCSD graduate who is now a doctor. I just went with that advice and after my first year at SD, I definitely don’t regret making my decision, career-wise.</p>

<p>Dmission: If Davis really is what it seems to be in your mind, you shouldn’t be getting into brawls and defending Davis on some college discussion site. Have enough confidence in your school to just let it be. It’s not worth the effort.</p>

<p>I do love that you call my sources inaccurate, and quote one that puts places like Riverside above Rice.</p>

<p>tell me what is wrong with places like UCR. UCR has a great Bio program idk why you have to attack UCR to make you feel better that Davies isnt on the list</p>

<p>^He was proving a point that rankings are pretty meaningless, especially the one posted. Do you really think UCR’s bio program is better than Davis’s?</p>

<p>i am not saying its better but it nationally recognized for it to be said that its not in there, well in a real ranking, and for it to be ridiculed like it is.There is nothing wrong with UCR answer me this beside the fact that UCR take 3/4 of it applicants what else is wrong with it? Come on UCR saved the California citrus industry so give it some consideration</p>

<p>I thought Bio @ UCD was ranked up there with UCSD.</p>