What is it like being a student at the business school?

<p>Hi everyone!
I'm a senior in high school and will be applying early action to Wisconsin in a few days when the application is available. </p>

<p>I had a few questions regarding the life of a business school student.
What is it like academically? socially?
What are the professors and classes like? on average how large is a typical class at the business school?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>There is no “early action” at UW. If you have all of your application materials in by the first date you will get an answer by the date posted on the UW website- this could be admit/denied or postponed until the rest of the applications are reviewed.</p>

<p>You get admitted to the university as a whole. Your freshman classes are likely to mainly be with everyone else. Therefore you need to consider the whole university as your school, not just the business school. Most students intending to enroll in the business school will have to apply to it after being at UW. Therefore consider life at UW regardless of your proposed major. Same dorm and nonbusiness courses. You can look at the online timetable to find out class section sizes. </p>

<p>Spend some time familiarizing yourself with The UW website. Learn how to navigate the various aspects, such as how to get various pieces of information. Look up the business school and its requirements- general and for specific majors within it. From there you can look up any specific courses to see how many students are in a given section in a semester.</p>

<p>Only a very small number are direct admiited to the SOB after acceptance at UW. I believe that number is under 50 and you need to be in the top 10% of UW accepted students. The rest will apply in Spring of first year and enter in the fall at the start of the second year.
The SOB is a pretty self-contained school with their own large library, study rooms, eating facility and lounges. Overall the school is pretty tight and positive.</p>

<p>Classes vary by major but most are in the 25-100 range. Right now real estate and actuarial science seem smaller with fin and accting the largest.</p>