What is open/available during BamaBound?

<p>Are Crimson buses available during bamabound sessions? If so, I’d like my son to use them to see how to get around to some of the more far-away places - to the rec center, the health center, etc. If they are not available, any suggestions on how to get around campus during the summer (heat!)? (We will have a rental car, but prefer to act as if he is on campus for real, and get around by the means that he will need to get around.)</p>

<p>Also, are things like the bookstore, the Ferg, the rec center, open for business? Will all college offices be open and available for asking questions?</p>

<p>In other words, is anything NOT available during the summer that we might find useful to have open/available and need to be prepared for being shut?</p>

<p>University offices are open! Crimson Ride will be running its normal routes, and the bookstore and Ferg and the Rec should all be open as well.</p>

<p>The only thing you may see in limited availability is that not all the dining halls may be open for visitors.</p>

<p>Speaking of Bama Bound, how much free time is there? If you need to open a bank account, set up a PO Box or just want to explore, are there unscheduled times during which to do that?</p>

<p>If your child isn’t taking placement tests, he’ll have more free time.</p>

<p>Setting up a PO Box was a snap and didn’t take much time at all, while at Ferg. you should have some “in-between” moments that you could run down; or even after they register on second day. We didn’t set up a bank account, only because he already has Visa debit card through home credit union which works with their ATMs. However, I did stop by to ask questions. They are prepared with plenty of people to help so again you should be able to take care of it with no problem. </p>

<p>Enjoy the experience!</p>

<p>* any suggestions on how to get around campus during the summer (heat!)?*</p>

<p>Depending on when you come, it could be quite hot. Even last year when we spent a week in T-town post-tornado, I got sunburned one day without sunscreen (along with the A-day burn…ugh). </p>

<p>So, wear clothes that are for hot days, but keep in mind that sometimes rooms that have AC going strong can be cold, so might want to have a wrap to put on if necessary. </p>

<p>Comfy shoes!</p>

<p>And, ahead of time, look over the Crimson Ride Routes - perhaps printing out a copy or two to have in your purse. </p>

<p>At BB, parents are often given a tote to carry all the handouts and stuff.</p>