What is the difference between Purdue and IUPUI?

I’m kind of confused as I thought IUPUI was a specific school within Purdue but now I have seen that it may be a different college altogether? Could someone clear it up for me?

Thank you.

Purdue is in West Lafayette, and IUPUI is in Indianapolis. Some of its programs (business, dental hygiene, etc) are administered by IU and some are administered by Purdue (engineering, technology). There are also majors like I think general sciences like chemistry are done by the IUPUI college of science. Depending on your major, you’ll get a degree with that school’s name on it. So IUPUI is kind of a Purdue satellite campus of sorts

What are the differences between attending IUPUI and attending Purdue’s main campus? @naturaldistaster

It really depends on what you are going to school for, where you live, and what kind of campus you want.

They are different, yet both provide really good education for the money.

So what do you want to do?

IUPUI has curricula from IU and Purdue. But also has their own unique programs as well. It has 25K+ students, from all around the world studying 250 majors. D1 sports and a big city location.

Purdue is an excellent big 10 school. A complete residential college experience. Outstanding reputation.

My advice as always is, apply to both and visit both. You will get a feel for what meets your needs.

On US News I believe IUPUI’s ranking was around #200 while Purdue was top 50. What does this mean? What would be the academic pros/cons of attending one vs the other? Thanks for feedback btw @Goodkidsdad

@guccigarlic , what do you want to do, and where do you live? IUPUI is a growing and cool place in a big city. IUPUI has some of the most specific majors in the country and solid curricula. Purdue is a great solid choice across the board.

Just go visit both this summer and then come back on this site and ask more specific questions. Both are great choices.