What is the IB 42/45 equivalent to GPA

What is IB 42/45 equivalent to as GPA

IB scores are not converted to GPA, and even if they were, your question is unanswerable.

7-7-7-6-6-6-3 is different than 7-7-7-7-7-4-3.

7-7-7 for HL; 7-6-6 for SL

Those are excellent scores. Your kid has met, and surpassed, the academic threshold for any university

1 Like

Really? I have no idea how IB score works for US universities. Are they good for schools such as Amherst for regular decision?

Yes. But that is just one part of holistic review.

1 Like

@Sophieduan congratulations. It seems you are an international student.

Just keep in mind…the acceptance rate for Amherst is 9% or so. While you have achieved everything to be a successful student there, so do a LOT of other applicants…and 90% do not receive offers of admission.

But…apply and see!

I believe this is a parent

Ah…well…then…would the student be an international student. Or is this an expat studying overseas.

Here is the current Amherst profile. 8% admit. That includes ED so RD likely lose. In past years the Intl acceptance was much lower. For class of 22 (4 years ago) Intl acceptance was 5% vs 13% overall.

You may be wonderful and I wish you luck. But few make the cut. Hopefully you are one that does.

https://www.amherst.edu/amherst-story/facts

Expat studying overseas. This us a parent.

To avoid confusion with the OP’s other thread, I’ll close this one, as the question has been answered.

1 Like