What is the value, if any, for the primary ISEE?

When applying for 4th grade and below, what is the perceived significance of the ISEE, if any? It’s a very short test for kids who mostly don’t use computers and are just beginning to learn test material.

I have only found one book that has training for the primary ISEE math section and none for the reading section. Lack of studying guides leads me to believe that schools may not really care so much about it? If there were money to be made in teaching kids how to prepare for the Primary ISEE, I would assume there would be a lot of books available.

Plus, even ERB’s partner Test Innovators has very little resources for the Primary ISEE.

The primary ISEE is really looking for learning gaps and mirrors the learning that should be happening in your child’s current school based on their grade. Are the results similar to what is being written in the narrative report card and teacher evaluation and other school specific testing you may submit - it is one more check point. Excessive prepping never advised beyond familiarity with the format.

1 Like