What is virginia Tech's reputation?

<p>From anyone, what is the reputation of Virginia Tech? Is it a good one? I am just confused on how good it is because I live in california! Could someone compare it to any california schools so I can get a better picture?</p>

<p>Virginia Tech has an excellent reputation as far as academics go - it’s best known for its engineering and business programs, but it’s got great academics all around.</p>

<p>Wow great. Do you mind comparing it to any other schools that are more well known than ones in virginia. Say NYU UCIrvine etc etc.</p>

<p>I live in VA and all the intelligent people aim for UVA or Virginia Tech! It’s a great school!</p>

<p>Thanks! Now I am excited. I got into virginia tech, but I wasn’t sure if I should go! Anyone else?</p>

<p>Any more input would be appreciated</p>

<p>I would say if you are interested in engineering or any other tech type program that you should be thrilled! Even if not, you should be happy. It really is well respected in the academic world! Congrats. :)</p>

<p>I can’t decide between biology or accounting but one of those 2!</p>

<p>I still think Vtech would be a good fit for those! Plus its beautiful there! Just an added bonus. :)</p>

<p>I know I asked this already but how would you guys compare it to some more well known schools NYC uc’s etc</p>

<p>Uhh NYU has a great reputation, but to be honest, I am not really sure why they are well known. I think mainly for arts. If this is true (but I am not sure if it is), I would go with a tech reputation over an artsy one.</p>

<p>Yeah, NYU and VT have different reputations. NYU is more for the arts.</p>

<p>Yeah I was just giving an example. Any other schools you guys might know of? I just don’t know Virginia schools.</p>

<p>Uhh all I really know of are UVA (which is tough to get into and expensive out of state), University of Richmond, and Virginia Commonwealth. I really do not know much about them, but some of the people from my school (I live in PA) went to these schools.</p>

<p>Thanks for your help. So smart people go to vtech? Haha I guess that helps</p>

<p>Haha yeah I think the result of this whole conversation is that smart people do go to Vtech!</p>

<p>:) thanks for your help</p>

<p>in VA, we just call it Tech. :slight_smile: But yes, it’s very competitive and lots of very intelligent people go there. plus the food is good! if its not number 1 in the nation, it’s very close</p>

<p>Omg yay I’m excited I got in then! Before I wasn’t sure what to think</p>

<p>Biology and Accounting are two very different majors! You would do well at VT but your education is likely to be comparable to that which you would get in the UC system. I can’t see you having any particulary advantage in Biology or Accounting at Tech over UC Irvine, UC Davis etc. especially if you want to return to California to work. If the total cost of attendance for you at one of the UC system schools is significantly lower than VT then I’d stay in California. If you value leaving California for a different experience then, of course, you should strongly consider VT. Good luck with your decision.</p>