What is wrong with UC Acceptance

<p>How are so many unqualified people getting into UCLA, yet good students being rejected from Davis. Also, how are people accepted into UCLA being rejected from Davis? This doesn’t make sense…</p>

<p>Life doesn't make sense.
=P</p>

<p>Difference schools think of qualified differently.</p>

<p>As an MIT admissions officer once said, and I do believe this applies to all top schools INCLUDING UCLA, "We don't make mistakes about who we accept...only who we reject."</p>

<p>Hahahaa I got into every school so far but Davis.. *******s!</p>

<p>The UC system can be weird with holistic approach
even then, I know that people get rejected from all sides of the spectrum.</p>

<p>Ha, I think SLOs admissions were worse this year.</p>

<p>Everyone who I've talked to with a 4.0+ GPA and a 2000+ SAT score seemed to get rejected...</p>

<p>but sooo many people with 3.0s and 1600s seem to have gotten in.</p>

<p>I am an out of state applicant that applied to UCLA.
I got a 1750.
SAT 2: 570 &540
ACT: 29
Tons of EC's.
Many organizations.
Honor Society.
Varsity 4 years.
TONS of other stuff, and I got rejected, yet tons of people with the same stuff as me, or much worse got in. I don't get it either. I'm in the middle of people, and I still got rejected. It's really stupid. I'm still waiting on CAL, I don't think that I'll get in but there's always hope. I got into UCSC and UCSB and I'm more than likely going to UCSB.</p>

<p>Like I keep saying about UC Davis-they prefer minorities and students from schools with low API scores. I'm a minority and all of my friends who got into Davis are minorities and we go to a high school that is like 900/1100 in CA high school ranks. My GPA is better than most of my friends tho.</p>

<p>@Indy, those stats didn't really make you a shoo in for UCLA.</p>

<p>Seeing as how my stats were considerably higher than yours Indy, and I got rejected, why is it surprising that you did too? ECs are important, but it's still academics first.</p>

<p>Life sucks, it's not fair. I know a girl who cheated her way through high school, possibly lied a lot on her app, and got in UCLA, while another friend of mine was possibly one of the most qualified applicants I've ever met (incredible grades, 2310 SAT, and she definitely didn't lack extracurriculars) and was rejected. My only consolation is that now the first girl has nobody to cheat off of in Calculus, and is subsequently failing. Perhaps she'll get rescinded. One can only hope.</p>

<p>ESSAYS MATTER A LOT </p>

<p>Don't forget--besides your stats they read your essays. If your essay sucks/uploaded at last min. then nothing can save you.</p>

<p>Yeah, things are screwy.</p>

<p>My friend took 12 AP tests, got 4s and 5s on them (even when the AP class isnt offered), 4.5 GPA (highest at my school), 2300 on his SAT and got rejected from UCI for business.</p>

<p>And get this... he got into NYU's Business School.</p>

<p>^^ the UCs don't consider AP test scores...</p>

<p>and only UCLA and UCB actually count the essays.</p>