What kind of college would I get into?

<p>Hello everyone. I am a current high school senior. I have a C average GPA (GPA is going to go up to B average soon). I have been a Girls Inc. member for three years non-stop and I am planning on participating Girls Inc. this year again.
Girls Inc. Activities:
-Robotics Team (Assistant Coach/Designed and Developed an iPad App solely by myself/Won first place in a robotics competition for research)
-Participated in Girls Night Out (Field Trips and Social Events)
-Art Classes
-Acted in a short film called "Trust" as "Joey" as a supporting character.
-Went on a trip to Camp Ramapo
Also, I took one college course with NYU Poly and got a 81%.
My SAT composite score (older score) is 1190.
I only need a few more credits from my current high school because I took extra classes to bring up my GPA.
I started my own anti-bullying rally which was a huge success.
Finally, I am taking college courses outside of my high school on Coursera's website.</p>

<p>An HBCU, State school, community college, for profit schools, Christian based schools, etc.</p>

<p>Agree with Madabouttx…but even with State schools look to the less competitive ones of the bunch. In States like NC, VA and CA it is tough to get into Chapel Hill, UVA and UCLA, but there are many other less know state schools that want to reach out to students and have less competitive entrance statistics.
With HBCUs, check out places OTHER THAN the big names of Howard, Hampton, Spellman and Morehouse. There are plenty…but you just don’t hear about them as much.
Talk to your college counselor. She/He should be helping you put together a list of matches, safety schools and stretch schools.</p>

<p>Hampton and Howard and the others are still in the running though. The 1190 SAT I thought was the combined math and reading only and that the writing section is not factored in. If the composite of all 3 is an 1190 than, yes, it’s an uphill struggle.</p>

<p>I agree that Hampton and Howard are in the running. I was encouraging looking at others because it would give a wider range of choices. Hampton, Howard, Spellman and Morehouse are the ones you hear about most. BUT, she may have a great HBCU in her own state that is a state school and be much less expensive…or one of the lesser known HBCUs that she might like more.
I agree also about some small Christian schools too.
HSG</p>