what kind of scholarships did u receive?

<p>i am an international student, so no financial aid..</p>

<p>So...do you think it's possible to make an appeal to admissions for your scholarship? I had above what they require for scholarships yet I got none :(. And I REALLY want to go to Miami but I'm not able to w/o some help...I think it's crappy they won't give scholarships to people that meet their qualifications.</p>

<p>yeah, that happened to me in northeastern too. i met the requirements but i got nothing. just can't believe it!</p>

<p>Well I think I had like a 3.82 at Tulane and they wanted a 3.75 for the minimum and they were like "yeah um we only give scholarships to people that have almost 4." and I was like you can shove it up...Haha. I was sooooo mad. But, what can you do?
WHere do you think you're going to go to, lilyhoho? (ps i like that username haha)</p>

<p>haha, kinda sad really.....i really need that money to go to college.
miami is decent, however i could just afford to lake forest college because of the generous scholarship i got. sigh..
but i think i'll make a difference wherever i go! yay!
my username have a loooong story ~XD
so where r u going, btw?</p>

<p>WELLLLLLLLLL, I still don't know! I originally (4 days ago) said Loyola in new orleans, but I've been talking with a few professors from miami...they're seeing if they can give me some financial help (or get me some) because I really do want to go here. If I don't find out in the next 10 hours from them a good sign then, to Loyola I go! I guess it really doesn't matter, I just like miami's music program much better lol. Lake Forest is where?</p>

<p>lake forest college in IL, near chicago~ it's coooold~~
i love miami but i have to give up. T.T</p>

<p>I wonder what UM does with scholarship money that kids don't accept?
My son won't be using his 24K.</p>

<p>I think these schools are very good at estimating their yields and take that into account when they offer scholarships.</p>