What majors do not require supporting extra curricular activities?

I was wondering which majors do not require activities that are related?

And, is it true for all school (UC vs private schools in and outside Ca)?

There is no requirement that EC’s are major related for any college. EC’s should be activities that you enjoy and for many students that includes EC’s related to their area of interest/ major in college.

2 Likes

My younger kid was a STEM double major in college. Her ECs were mainly music. Not an issue.

1 Like

None.

You should do what you enjoy whether sports, working, clubs, band, dog shelter, etc.

Have a passion and have fun.

Btw many colleges don’t even care about ECs. They are academic record only.

Good luck.

1 Like

I always thought that ECs were the most important for a few very highly ranked universities that need to choose from among a very long list of students with nearly perfect academic records.

However, some of these top ranked universities (MIT, Stanford, Harvard) do not even consider your major in deciding who to accept. For MIT, if you are accepted, and if you choose to go there, then they use your intended major(s) to help to assign you to an academic advisor for your freshman year. Then at the end of your freshman year you decide what you really want to major in.

When I applied to universities coming out of high school, my ECs had pretty much nothing at all to do with my intended major.

1 Like