What makes a&m better than Texas tech?

<p>I am thinking of leaving tech to come to a&m. I just have not had a good experience so far at tech and I feel like I need a change of scenery. I am evaluating my options and a&m is one of them. What would make a&m a better school than Texas tech? What makes college station better than Lubbock?</p>

<p>Honestly, A&M is right for some people and not for others. Your best bet is to do the drive, check out the campus, meet profs in your intended major, and make the call whether you think it’s a better school in a better college town. It was for me.</p>

<p>What exactly is it that has not made Tech a good experience for you? Is it the school, or is there a possibility that it might be you? I don’t mean that sarcastically, what I mean is there are people who feel they might not fit it or whatever & make a move, only to find the same problems in the new place. Having said that, I would say College Station as a city is closer to civilization. Houston, Austin & SA are within 1 to 3 hours away depending on which destination you choose. It simply is not as isolated. I had A & M as my #1 choice, but Tech showed me the $$ & made me an offer I could not refuse. I will be starting there next month. </p>