what makes me mad...

<p>There are students that bs their first two years of high school, then start trying their junior and senior years by taking like 5 ap classes
they have like a 27 average act, they start clubs just to start them for college so it would look good on their transcripts
they are online constantly on this website for example</p>

<p>AND THEN they get into good schools like madison
especially if they are minorities
OH and then they apply to outstanding schools like UChicago or Princeton
seriously people? some are so incredibly stupid, and you know who you are</p>

<p>Bitter much? Stop comparing yourself to others and try harder.</p>

<p>Hopefully you get into a college that will help enhance your perspective to avoid saying things like "especially if they are minorities" in the future (which makes you sound like an idiot).</p>

<p>You have a 28 ACT and you are complaining about people who have a 27?</p>

<p>This is completely irrelevant to College Confidential's main goal. And I completely agree with MNBadger about the minority comment.</p>

<p>It's called growing up. If all students matured at the same rate some of you would have found yourselves lower in your class for the first two years and perhaps would have more realistic expectations sooner. With the advantages of being in the majority and working hard since forever you have no excuses for not being the top student- don't complain because someone smarter than you/with more potential shows they can handle UW-Madison better than you can. The students you reference are taking those classes to finally not be bored and learn something. Never assume those with lesser grades are less intelligent or know less, they sometimes are just bored and don't do the work to get the grades. Thank g-- for minority immigrants- I married one who is at my NMS level.</p>

<p>Yea but see its better doing that, than quitting all your clubs your senior year...even if you are officers for the clubs. I know this girl that did that...</p>

<p>and i definitely agree with the others this is immature, if you have a problem you should talk to that person not do something stupid like post it on a website they go too...you are just asking for trouble.</p>

<p>you have to give the icebreaker some credit though... he is living up to his name, lol.</p>

<p>If icebreaker is who I think it is, its a "she," not a "he."</p>

<p>oooh, caught red-handed!</p>

<p>jay-1
icebreaker-0</p>

<p>This is ridiculous.</p>

<p>Wow icebreaker...at least I got into Madison with my 27 ACT</p>

<p>I am minority and I have ACT 30. I have got no news back yet. What is this complaint about?</p>

<p>As I understand it, it has to do with immaturity of the OP, sour grapes, bigotry... (see my post #5).</p>