What minor to pursue at IU Kelley?

Hello everyone,

I’m an undergrad student at IU Kelley double majoring in Finance and Accounting. The classes are mostly doable and many people pursue this pathway at Kelley.

I have been thinking about pursuing a minor because I have lots of AP credit that will give me lots of free class slots during my freshman and sophomore year. My job interests(not ranked) right now are wealth management, sports finance, IB(to private equity), and financial regulation. I’ll have a better grasp of my top job during college.

I looked into a computer science minor but people keep saying doing all that work with a double major is brutal.

So what would be a good and doable minor to pursue with the double major? Will it even add anything? Are people wrong about how hard all that work will be or no? Thanks.

Anything involving data analysis, data science, or data analytics.

The study of taxation.

CS would be great, but I cannot comment on the “do-ability” aspect.

Might be helpful if you list some actual minors which are available to you.

1 Like

I agree with @Publisher regarding data science. Math or machine learning (if those are possible) are additional suggestions.

1 Like

Maybe a language?

1 Like

Data analytics definitely is big. You may also want to consider a non business oriented minor in something you’re also quite interested in to become more well rounded. History, PoliSci, etc. They’re actually interesting areas of study melding with finance as they provide you with a different world view and context for financial decision making. You might find that interesting.

If you are not adverse to advance math beyond calculus, math would be good for IB and other business related jobs.