What NOT to Wear...at Bama... ;)

<p>Lots of Vera Bradley. I imagine the new red floral with the black and white houndstooth lining will be a common sight on campus this fall!</p>

<p>Oh okay, thanks! Glad I’ll be able to use it :)</p>

<p>Also, are lilly pulitzer dresses popular there too? I know a lot of people have the planners but wasn’t sure about the clothes. Currently live in the northeast so its kind of hard to know what to bring with me and what I should leave at home haha</p>

<p>Lilly Pulitzer is popular too. Make sure you bring Nike shorts and oversized tshirts for class. Are you going through recruitment?</p>

<p>xhollyx - almost every girl at bama bound last year arrived with a VB duffel bag.</p>

<p>something else that could come in handy would be a vb mini hipster to wear to parties/football games.</p>

<p>Oh good, sounds like I won’t have to do too much shopping then after all! I was thinking about doing recruitment but I don’t think I’d be able to find any alumnae for recs- my family is from England so I don’t have any legacy connections I could use either, so I’m probably just going to be doing alabama action instead. </p>

<p>The duffel bags on the website are cute- definitely thinking about those since I do need to buy bags for flying down and moving in. Thanks!</p>

<p>Holly…do you live in England now?</p>

<p>Nope, I’ve lived in the US for my whole life pretty much, just born there!</p>

<p>Don’t dismiss recruitment because your family doesn’t have any ties to Greek affiliations. Being a legacy at Alabama only guarantees you that you will be invited back after the first round of ice water teas. The local Panhellenic Association where you live will help you get the recs you need. PM me if you need help…I can help you :).
Lots of Vera all over campus, they even sell it at the bookstore in the Ferg. Just got back from buying Dd two Lilly dresses, a pair of shorts, flip flops and a really cute top. She has a cover for her ipad2 that is Lilly as well.
The girls carry the small Coach hipsters and also the Marc Jacobs ones.
Nike running shorts with over sized comfort colors shirts for class when it’s warm. When it gets colder you will see them put on a Patagonia fleece and put leggings on with the really short Ugg boots.
Mike is right a lot of the girls all have the sets of Vera Bradley duffles, totes ect.<br>
Lilly is coming out with a line of “sorority” prints. DD is very excited because they will be on all of the Lilly duffles and so is talking about getting rid of the Vera and rep.lacing it with Lilly.
Shoes are Sperrys, Chacos, Frye cowboy boots, Tory Burch flats, wedges for going out.
Am trying to think if there is anything else. When you get in town visit the Shirt Shop, they have the cutest clothes and great v-neck shirt with the cutest elephant on it. they also carry Vineyard Vines. The Lockeroom carries Southern Shores. Ellie Crimson for Game Day dresses. Blek has a decent supply of Lilly things.
Have fun! It will be warm when yall get there but DD found out that she needed her fleeces (we’re all about North Face at home so she took those but we bought several Patagonia as well).</p>

<p>apimom- Will you take me shopping? :wink: MIZZOU HC tix are posted :)</p>

<p>My girls are just getting into Toms…do the really have them w/ elephants? We may have to find those. Sparkly one’s area very big here. Black and silver. Mom’s do any of you do the shopping site: Ideeli? www ideeli . com . They ran a flash sale earlier this week on Sperry and they were more than 1/2 off.</p>

<p>they also had a Lily sale a couple of weeks ago, but being a Northerner, I had no idea how they fit, so I did not buy. But $300 dresses were selling for $79. Love love love that site. Might help someone save some money.</p>

<p>I have found Tom’s brand new on ebay for about $25. DD has size 11 feet…her loving sister calls her Sashquash…so finding Tom’s or Sperry can be challenge.</p>

<p>We have Toms…the black sparkly ones and yes they do have Toms with elephants…so cute. we looked at Nordstroms today but sadly they didn’t have them but they did have really cute ones that look like boat shoes in the back.
Love, love Ideeli!!! missed the Lilly and Sperry sale…need to keep closer tabs. Buzy “thank you”!!! Will check more often.<br>
And “yes” asaunmom “we” should go shopping…can you meet me at the Plaza tomorrow :slight_smile: MU tix bought and paid for :)…when w get closer to game days will pm you with where we are tailgating. I am thinking it’s the same place as last year…south side of Hearnes Center about two tailgates in to the East…by the ex-MU players big bus with VERY loud music…hope to see you at Homecoming!</p>

<p>Okay, you guys are speaking another language here. I have never even heard of most of the designers, brands, styles that you’re talking about. Hopefully my simple style Hawaii girls will fit in with all you fancy types :)</p>

<p>Rose…My oldest DD lives a fast and furious and yes often “glamorous” life as a producer in NYC. I asked her once about a clothing selection she had made and she smiled and said, “Mom, when wearing a look of confidence on your face you can wear ANYTHING on your body”. Having told that our DD who attends Bama last year as she got ready to go through recruitment, I also passed on this tid bit …if they want to be your friend because you are wearing a specific label then they really don’t want to be your friend. Your girls sound loveley…I wouldn’t worry :).</p>

<p>Rose…don’t worry…there are a large variety of clothing styles at Bama…from designer brands - to popular brands - to store brands - to “hippie/thrift store find” styles. </p>

<p>I have sons, so the only way I know about these brands is because they are on my California God-daughters’ wish lists for B-days and Christmases.</p>

<p>However, I do recommend the Nike Tempo shorts in whatever color choice…they look very comfortable in the Bama heat.</p>

<p>For those who enjoy a good shopping experience…even if only “window shopping”…do visit The Summit after arriving in Birmingham. Plan to be there at least for a lunch or dinner as well. </p>

<p>[The</a> Summit Birmingham - Home](<a href=“http://www.thesummitonline.com/birmingham/]The”>http://www.thesummitonline.com/birmingham/)</p>

<p>Coming Soon</p>

<p>Izzo’s Illegal Burrito - next to Pottery Barn Kids</p>

<p>Flat Top Grill - next to Gap</p>

<p>lululemon athletica - next to Swoozie’s</p>

<p>Verizon Wireless - next to Urban Outfitters </p>

<p>Anchor Stores</p>

<p>Belk - 968-4200
Saks Fifth Avenue - 298-8550</p>

<p>Women’s Apparel</p>

<p>Ann Taylor - 969-2259
Anthropologie - 298-9929
BCBGMAXAZRIA - 968-4066
bebe - 969-9160
Cach</p>

<p>However, I do recommend the Nike Tempo shorts in whatever color choice…they look very comfortable in the Bama heat.</p>

<p>Hey, now…so do these:</p>

<p>[Champion</a> Double Dry Women’s 4? Sport Short | Champion](<a href=“http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_Shorts-Champion/Women_Shorts_RelaxedFit-Champion/CH8219.aspx]Champion”>http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_Shorts-Champion/Women_Shorts_RelaxedFit-Champion/CH8219.aspx)</p>

<p>And, if you buy a bunch of those, you help fund my retirement, LOL!</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>ahhh…I like the pair that is" Black/White/Cabna Pink…nice combo. And the pair that is: Sherbet Pink/White/Black</p>

<p>and…they have a pair that is…Crimson/White/Pink</p>

<p>and…buy 2 get 1 free!</p>

<p>Thanks for the reassurance. I’m not worried… I’ll just send them shopping with ahpimommy :)</p>

<p>Wow, m2k, thanks for that tip. We will check that mall out. Sounds like it’s bigger than every mall in Hawaii put together!</p>

<p>LOL, mom2collegekids…and I can get you my employee discount, too!</p>

<p>Apimommy and Holly… I THINK recs are due in July 1 so if you’re planning to rush, speed is of the essence!</p>