What % of UCLA admits get into UCB?

<p>What % of UCLA admits are also admitted to UCB?</p>

<p>anyone have exact numbers or care to estimate based on what you know from attending either UCB or UCLA (if you’re a student there).</p>

<p>This might not answer your question, but here is some info I picked up. At my school, more people get into either UCLA or Berkeley, few get into both. Also, more students at my school get into Berkeley than UCLA. My counselor said that its because we're in LA and Berkeley likes to take students from southern california to bring diversity to the school.</p>

<p>That's odd since I would assume most people would get into both. Thanks though!</p>

<p>Yes, in general, the tippy-top kids do get into both (assuming they apply). But every so often, a head-scratcher happens. Two years ago, a student in our HS was accepted to UCLA with Regents but rejected by Cal. He was also accepted at Johns Hopkins with merit money. (Go figure.)</p>

<p>But, it's been my experience reading cc that Cal gives a slight bonus to kids from NorCal and UCLA accepts a few more from SoCal. Yes, the colleges desire geographic diversity, but if UCLA knows that 90% of the cross admits from Lowell will go to Cal, eventually they'll stop admitting so many from Lowell. The same is true in the reverse. If 90% of the kids from Troy choose UCLA year after year over Cal, eventually the Cal app readers will look somewhere else. Of course, my observation could just be due to familiarity with the local high schools, i.e., UCLA knows better than Cal which high schools in SoCal are really strong and thus, it may go deeper into their senior class.</p>

<p>btrw: my % are an exageration for illustration.</p>

<p>Bluebayou, you certainly have good points but I was actually also more interested in out-of-state students and their chances of getting into both (since i'm an OOS myself :P)</p>

<p>check out a thread on UCLA on the finaid section. OOS acceptances are higher than instate, but we have no way of knowing the quality of those apps!</p>