What path is right for me? UC, CSU, or Private?

<p>I am currently a High School senior in the Bay Area with a 3.9 GPA and a 24 ACT score, amazing extra circulars, and I’m an 5 year AVID student. </p>

<p>I have been accepted to: Cal Poly SLO, Fullerton, and SD State for business. </p>

<p>Waiting for: Santa Clara and UCI (Business major). UCSD and UCSB( Econ major)</p>

<p>I plan on getting my MBA after (hopefully USC, UCB, or another great school with lots of connections :D).</p>

<p>Do you think I have a chance of getting into the schools I waiting for?</p>

<p>What undergrad school is best in order to get into a great Grad school?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>The only information I can give you is numbers based. Your ACT score is a little low for UCs you mentioned but with your GPA and ECs you’ve got a shot. I don’t know much about Santa Clara.</p>

<p>Santa Clara is private so $$$, but I know people who have gotten financial aid there.</p>

<p>Undergrad degree is not too important to top grad B-schools, but work experience is vital.</p>

<p>Which means you should go to a school that has good job placement for its business major. Then it seems Santa Clara has an edge in your list.</p>

<p>UCSB has a good Econ major.
Check out the videos at [theU.com</a> Online - College campus video tours, Online student reviews and info about campus life.](<a href=“http://www.theu.com%5DtheU.com”>http://www.theu.com)
They mention that major specifically.</p>

<p>Seems like you chose a bunch of schools I applied to last year :slight_smile: Here’s my view on this,</p>

<p>I would choose Santa Clara University if you plan to get a MBA in the future. However, its a bit on the pricey side.</p>

<p>As for UCI v UCSB, I don’t think there is much of a difference. I think UCSB has a better economic program but are you planning to major in econ? Econ and business are different. As for UCI, I think they have business program for undergraduates? I think they do, not too sure.
In my opinion… UCSD seems like a dumb school to attend for econ or business…But UCSD does has pretty cool majors such as the Join Math and Econ major program and management science. Also UCSD is ranked a little higher than UCSB. (but keep in mind that that doesn’t mean its better)</p>

<p>Of the CSUs, I’d choose SD state for business.</p>