What’s it like in Madison?

Hi guys,
I was wondering what it’s like in Madison as a student. I’m highly considering the school (although it’s way out of my price range, yikes). I applied as a neurobio major and just wanted to know academically, socially, and in any other ways: what’s it like in Madison?
TLDR; I’m wondering what it’s like to attend UW Madison and what it’s like to attend. Is it worth the ~48k out of state?

No school is worth going into massive debt, no matter how great it is. UW is a fantastic school. both for its academics and atmosphere- location, etc. I was lucky to be from Wisconsin, could not even consider so many schools because of cost. IF it fits the family budget it is worth the cost, otherwise not.

UW could be out of your reach but there will be others to give you a great college experience.

Thank you for your input! I think I’m going to get a better hold on if it fits my budget because on paper, madison really sounds like a great fit for me.

1 Like

Only a few other schools have the total packages that UW does. Most are equally expensive.–Michigan, Texas, UCB, for example.