What should I do to help me get into the school of Engineering, do I have a good chance?

I attend High School in southwest Virginia, I am a white male finishing up my Junior year -

Extracurriculars:

1. JV Captain of my schools Cross Country team
  2. Member of the Outdoor Track team
  3. Elected representative of Student Council
  4. National Honor Society Member
  5. Head programmer on a robotics team
  6. VP of one Club and I am President of another one
  7. Member of DECA

Honors/Awards:

1. Achieved the Governor’s STEM seal on my Diploma
  2. Helped program a robot that made it to the World Championship
  3. 200+ Hours of community Service
  4. National Honor Society

Grades/High School Year:
9th: 5 A’s, 3 B
10th: 5 A’s, 3 B’s, 1 C
11th: 8 A’s, 1 B

GPA - 3.88 (weighted)

AP Scores
Computer Science - 5
World History - 3
AB Calculus - 4

SAT - 1340 / 1520 (The new system)
680 in the Math section
660 in Reading / Writing

Internships
ARC Labs at Virginia tech with a CS professor for 3 months

I plan on taking AP Physics next year as well as BC Calculus (the highest available math at my school)

For VT, the chances are unpredictable. I have heard of people getting into Engineering with a 3.0 and people who got denied with a 3.9. I think the best way to get in is to write a amazing essay, truly show that you want to be an engineer.

Also it matters on location. A LOT of people apply from Virginia (obviously) so that means it will be extremely competitive. Each year VT gets more applicants. For a couple of years they have been saying that the applicant pool has been record high.

I got wait listed with a 4.1 GPA and Sat scores of 1410(math and reading). I managed to get of the wait list and I am enrolling for next year. I am even taking CALC 3 at my school and i got wait listed -

Your Stats are solid, BUT for me saying if you have a chance of being admitted it is hard to say…

If I was part of admissions- I would of admitted you with some merit :)…but hey who knows.

Good Luck!